Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|Title / Titre
||GIS Solutions Architect
||Our client is looking for a GIS Solutions Architect for a 1 year contract.
||In this IT Solutions Architect role, the person will oversee all aspects of the project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within solution area. The IT Solutions Architect will be involved in more than one project at one time depending on the size and scope of the initiatives. Many of the project requirements include solutions utilizing ESRI’s ArcGIS Suite (some mof the projects include the redesign of a web GIS platform; implementation of a new ArcSDE architecture; an ArcGIS migration; etc.).
The IT Solutions Architect is a multi-dimensional role requiring both deep technical expertise and strong interpersonal and communications skills. The IT Solutions Architect provides technical oversight for solution development initiatives. Reporting to the Architecture team and working with assigned Project Managers, the IT Solutions Architect is responsible for providing architectural direction (design and technology) as part of the process of developing, customizing, integrating, and maintaining systems.
It is important to note that the IT Solutions Architect maintains a challenging role as a member of both Architecture and Project teams.
||• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
• 7+ years experience progressively advancing experience in IT projects in technical roles
• 1+ years experience working in an IT Solutions Architecture capacity
• Strong understanding of application development and the system development lifecycle (including Agile)
• GIS architecture experience
• Experience designing GIS solutions
• Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS suite and familiarity with the COTS approach
• Solid understanding of spatial data including ESRI’s ArcSDE geodatabase and feature class format
• Experience designing ArcGIS Server hardware configurations based on ESRI’s best practices for v10.0 and v10.1
• Systems integration experience
• Understanding of different types of integration patterns and experience with point to point and enterprise wide integration initiatives
• Experience in multi-tiered web driven applications
Nice to Have Skills Include:
• Understanding of oil and gas industry
• Knowledge of ITIL V3 Framework
• Spatial data analysis, data modeling and data mapping experience
• Knowledge of TOGAF, PEAF, Zachman or some related Enterprise Architecture Framework/Topology
• Superior organization skills, with the ability to set priorities, follow-up and meet deadlines
• Solid leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills
• Display tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries
• Ability to work independently in a very busy, varied, and diverse environment with changing priorities
• Ability to communicate complex and technical concepts clearly and appropriately with non-technical as well as technical personnel
• A high degree of initiative and self-motivation
• The ability to manage multiple, concurrent requests
• A high attention to detail while producing quality work in a timely manner