Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Windows Administrator - Senior
This position will provide leadership in the day to day operations of the Windows team in providing second level support for our client in the Oil and Gas Industry's Windows infrastructure. The role of the team is to optimize Windows servers and related services to achieve high availability, security and performance of the various business applications supported. This includes designing, installing, configuring, and fine-tuning the operating environment across our client's organization in a timely and efficient manner. Some travel is required along with a valid driver's license and there is after hours on call rotation.
- Liaising with IT customers to determine their requirements and ensure that business needs are effectively translated into solutions;
- Identify and evaluate strategic technologies that are beneficial in enhancing infrastructure services;
- Coordinate the installation and configuration HP x86 server hardware and various other appliances;
- Coordinate other OSS team members to install, configure and operate Windows servers;
- Coordinate the administration of file and print services, DNS, Citrix, Commvault, SCCM and custom applications;
- Design and implement processes and procedures to improve the operation of the environment.
- Provide secondary triage of client issues and problems that have been escalated from the Service Desk;
- Ensure the maintenance contracts are accurate and up to date;
- Provide after hours support for Enbridge business critical systems.
- A degree or diploma in Computing Science or Computer Engineering or a related Information Technology discipline with 8+ years of experience;
- Good working knowledge of Windows 2000 / 2003 server, IP based networks, communication protocols;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating effectively with various levels of management;
- A high level understanding of IT technical infrastructure requirements for large enterprise deployments;
- Ability to interpret business drivers and translate into technical solutions;
- Thorough understanding of Information Technology business practices and processes;
- Ability to excel in a self-directed environment
- Some travel is required along with a valid driver's license
- After hours on call rotation
||Contract to Hire