Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||_Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires Business Analysts for upcoming projects
The Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer is part of a team responsible for the design and construction of data marts when necessary and information products to support internal and external ministry stakeholders’ information reporting needs.
Data marts are constructed from various sets of data including (but not limited to) post-secondary education, apprenticeship, finance and census data. The sets of available data are constantly being expanded to meet the business requirements of the Ministry and our stakeholders.
Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong team skills and the ability to manage time effectively are essential as services will be performed in conjunction with in-house staff.
Resources requires the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Understanding complex data relationships
- Understanding the importance of data quality, data integrity and data security
- Technical writing/documentation
- Dealing with clients and team members to resolve issues
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Ability to prepare and execute project plans
- Ability to manage others in a team environment
- Communication and teamwork
- Analyzing data and preparing information results
- Gathering and documenting client requirements
- Designing and constructing information products
- Capturing business and technical metadata for information products
- Establish and operate control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risk, and change management at the program level.
- Producing deliverables within specified quality standards.
- Escalating issues and risks, as appropriate.
- Working within a multi-vendor/staff environment.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience working in a data warehouse/Business Intelligence environment in a development or support role - two (2) years.
- Experience with relational database modeling techniques - two (2) years.
- Experience with dimensional modeling techniques - two (2) years.
- Experience using SQL - two (2) years.
- Experience dealing directly with clients - two (2) years.
- Experience working in a Windows operating system environment - two (2) years.
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services
- Experience with SQL Integration Services
- Experience with SQL Analytical Services
- Experience with SharePoint Web Parts
- Experience with stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint development
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining Cognos 8 Framework Manager package
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining Cognos reports in Cognos 8 Report Studio or Analysis Studio
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining Cognos cubes
- Experience with Cognos server administration
- Experience in developing or facilitating the development of an enterprise Business Intelligence strategy
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions with Microsoft business intelligence technologies
- Experience in Business Intelligence environment architectural design and development
- Experience in information product design and development
- Experience with Business Intelligence solution requirements gathering
- Experience in facilitating business workshops
- Experience in capturing business and technical metadata
- Experience with information portal design and development
- Experience with information portal security design
- Leadership for a team of Business Analysts, Developers and/or Solution Testers
- Experience using MS-Project or other project management tools
- Experience working on multiple tasks at one time
- Experience working within an enterprise architecture
- Experience with end user training in the use of Business Intelligence solutions
- Experience working in an SQL Server development environment
- Experience in creating and maintaining web pages using HTML and/or ASP
- Experience with MapInfo Geographical Information System
- Experience creating process models
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel