Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||_Application Help Desk Analyst
Our Edmonton client requires Application Help Desk Analysts for upcoming projects
Application Help Desk Analysts provide front-line support to internal and external clients on a variety of business applications.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receive and respond to inquiries related to Applications supported by the Help Desk
- Advise the inquirers of any resolution to the inquiry
- Utilize Help Desk software to enter calls and retrieve logged calls for resolution, or forward pending inquiries to the next level of expert support
- Work effectively through communication with technical and /or business teams to resolve client issues
- Monitor the progress of proposed solutions while maintaining contact with the client so that they are also aware of the status of their inquiry
- End-user testing of solutions, ‘bug-fixes’ and new features of applications to ensure they adequately address client concerns
- Monitor trends in client inquiries that point to the need for further training within the client community; assist in the revision of related training material, and participate in training
- Maintain a repository of known problems/issues and related resolution/’work around’; and a repository of best practices, for each application
- Make arrangements with external stakeholders and internal staff for training and any other items as required
- Maintain an understanding of Applications to ensure maximum support effectiveness
- Assign and maintain user ID’s and Passwords
- Co-ordinate with business areas (within Alberta Education and / or Advanced Education & Technology and other government departments) Help Desk related activities that require communications to the external stakeholders. Ensure these communications are relayed to internal staff as well.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly,
- Ability to problem solve/troubleshoot,
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring,
- Ability to work well both in a team setting and independently,
- Ability to deal with clients and resolve related issues,
- Ability to write and maintain technical documentation, and
- Ability to manage stress.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
Resources must have made use of the mandatory technologies within the past year in a defined support or maintenance or a project role as follows:
- Experience as a Help Desk analyst in providing responses to inquiries, training relating to the usage of an application and maintain user ID’s and passwords – 2 years.
- Experience in utilization of Help Desk software - 2 years.
- Experience in coordinating with business areas to ensure communications are relayed to all parties - 2 years.
- Experience working with Microsoft office tool suites - 3 years.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing excellent customer service - 2 years.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills as demonstrated by three (3) independent references.
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in data collection, data editing, data validation and data conversion.
- Experience in end-user testing of applications.
- Experience with web-based systems.
- Experience with application development and maintenance.
- Experience with creation of user manuals.
- Experience in identifying user requirements.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience with post-secondary education and education systems.
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
- Knowledge of COBIT and/or ITIL.