|Title / Titre
||Web Project Manager / Business Analyst
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: 6 month initial contract with possibility of extension
Our Edmonton client is seeking a candidate with strong PM and BA skills for this full-time contract opportunity.
The Web Project Manager / Business Analyst (PM/BA) will manage the day to day execution of the web re-development projects. Project management activities may include planning, monitoring, adjusting and controlling the project within the constraints of budget, time, resources and technology to ensure that the solution meets client requirements, and is delivered on time and within budget.
Business analysis tasks may include working with business teams and technical teams, business areas and external stakeholders to gather, analyze, document and get business approval of documented requirements. It can also include other analysis and technical / non-technical documentation and planning work for the projects.
The Resource submitted to supply the services associated with this opportunity requires the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Ability to prepare and execute project plans
- Ability to manage others in a team environment
- Ability to deal with clients and resolve related issues
- Ability to manage stress
- Facilitation skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
May include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing and executing the website redevelopment project plans.
- Establishing and executing control processes including schedule management; status reporting; issues, risk and change management at the project level.
- Closely monitoring project activities and taking corrective action to ensure project schedules are being met.
- Assigning work and managing project team members, mentoring and providing
- direction as required.
- Gathering website requirements
- Understanding of the planning, design and information architecture of complex portal environments, and an understanding of developing collaborative portals.
- Producing deliverables within specified quality standards.
- Escalating issues and risks, as appropriate.
- Communicating project status and issues, as appropriate.
- Preparing and executing tasks in accordance with a defined project plan
- Facilitating requirements gathering and validation workshops
- Gathering and documenting requirements
- Executing tasks in accordance with control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risk, and change management at the project and/or program level.
- Working within a multi-vendor/staff environment.
- Experience working in a ICT environment – 8 years
- Experience working on website projects – 5 years
- Experience working as a Project Manager or Business Analyst – 1 year
- Experience directly planning, delivering and/or managing complex website projects
- Experience leading modern interactive website development projects
- Experience working with business to business and business to client process flows including service catalogue development
- Experience using MS Project or other project management tool
- Experience leading complex (multi-stakeholder and multi-technology) projects
- Written and oral communication skills in a business environment using the English language
- Experience with web development projects spanning the full web development lifecycle.
- Experience with project life cycle methodologies
- Experience with website and mobile design and wireframe process
- Demonstrated experience establishing and/or operating the following project control processes on multiple projects: schedule management, issue management, risk management, status reporting, change control, budget/effort management
- Experience with mobile app (phone / tablet) or mobile web projects
- Experience with projects having aggressive project schedules
- Experience with risk and quality management processes
- Experience with PMI/PMBOK
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies and lifecycles
- Experience with A/B testing and web page performance and usability testing
- Experience with modern interactive website requirements analysis and design
- Experience leading stakeholder website usability studies and incorporating findings into website designs
- Experience facilitating workshops and conducting interviews to obtain and validate requirements
- Experience modeling and documenting website structures and content information architectures
- Experience with the integration of social media tools within websites
- Experience with search engine optimization
- Experience with usability on mobile devices and tablets
- Experience with user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) concepts, planning, testing and execution
- Experience with website content re-development projects
- Experience with web content management systems and processes
- Experience with template-based websites
- Membership in International Institute of Business Analysts or graduation from a Business Analyst program
- Experience analyzing and understanding Web metrics and analytics
- Experience multi-tasking and working on several web projects at the same time
- Experience with the GAEA enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience with LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL