|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires Solution Testers for upcoming projects
Solution Testers review requirements and design documents; confirm expected functionality with technical and business stakeholders; and plan, develop and execute test cases. Solution Testers also document and report results of the tests.
- Complete assigned testing tasks;
- Confirm understanding of system functionality;
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and test scenarios;
- Develop manual and automated test scripts;
- Develop, maintain, document, and execute all test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test scripts as directed by the project;
- Document test results;
- Provide results, statistics, metrics and status to the Technical Team Leader;
- Assist developers in recreating issues / defects;
- Attend necessary meetings to review testing inputs/outputs and provide updates on progress.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Self starting
- Ability to develop test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test script
- Ability to execute test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test script
- Ability to write and maintain testing documentation
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Communication and teamwork
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience as a Solution (application) Tester – One (1) year.
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience preparing or supporting the preparation of test plans and test cases.
- Experience leading a team of Solution Testers.
- Experience deriving test cases from use cases, non-functional requirements and design documents.
- Experience maintaining traceability of test cases to requirements.
- Experience establishing and/or operating unit testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating system testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating integration testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating regression testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating user acceptance testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating smoke testing
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundations Edition
- Experience with testing tools to support testing (quality control)
- Experience establishing and/or operating the following test phases: performance testing, load testing and volume testing
- Experience with web-based applications
- Experience with quality management (defect removal) processes
- Experience working in a testing role on at least one medium to large projects (verifiable via reference checks)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL