Our Edmonton client requires Solution Testers for upcoming projects
A Solution Tester is required for the Students Finance System (SFS) Program. This role will work as part of the SFS test team and will participate in ensuring that solutions maintained and developed by the SFS Program meet business needs and are of high quality.
- Complete assigned testing tasks;
- Confirm understanding of system functionality;
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and test scenarios;
- Develop manual and automated test scripts;
- Develop, maintain, document, and execute all test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test scripts as directed by the project;
- Document test results;
- Provide results, statistics, metrics and status to the Technical Team Leader;
- Assist developers in recreating issues / defects;
- Attend necessary meetings to review testing inputs/outputs and provide updates on progress.
Solution Testers review requirements and design documents; confirm expected functionality with technical and business stakeholders; and plan, develop and execute test cases. Solution Testers also document and report results of the tests.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Self starting
- Ability to develop test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test script
- Ability to execute test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test script
- Ability to write and maintain testing documentation
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Communication and teamwork
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience as a Solution (application) Tester – One (1) year.
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience preparing or supporting the preparation of test plans and test cases
- Experience leading a team of Solution Testers.
- Experience deriving test cases from use cases, non-functional requirements and design documents
- Experience maintaining traceability of test cases to requirements
- Experience establishing and/or operating unit testing.
- Experience establishing and/or operating system testing.
- Experience establishing and/or operating integration testing.
- Experience establishing and/or operating regression testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating user acceptance testing
- Experience establishing and/or operating smoke testing
- Experience with Microsoft Team Edition
- Experience with testing tools to support testing (quality control)
- Experience establishing and/or operating the following test phases: performance testing, load testing and volume testing
- Experience with web-based applications
- Experience with quality management (defect removal) processes
- Experience working in a testing role on at least one medium to large project (verifiable via reference checks)
- Good written and oral communication skills in the English language (verifiable via reference checks)
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with IAE’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with the Drupal content management system