|Title / Titre
||SharePoint Developer/Web Designer (Senior)
Our Edmonton client in the Government of Alberta requires a Senior 2010 SharePoint Developer/Web Designer for this contract role.
Start Date: September 3, 2013
End Date: March 31, 2014
The client’s interactive SharePoint site was created to enhance information sharing and coordination of consultation for GoA ministries involved in consultation with First Nations and other Aboriginal communities. Ministries involved in consultation work together collaboratively by uploading and sharing information on the Site.
The Site currently uses an interactive Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, however, the system is outdated and requires an upgraded version to improve the business needs/practices of the consulting ministries. The MOSS 2010 version has advanced features; greater capability and more functionality than MOSS 2007.
The applicant contractor will work with the Site Management Committee to enhance the client’s Site and develop a draft implementation plan as a guide to improving the usage of the Site and developing supports. Such a plan should include strategies to enhance the user’s experience and to make the Site a greater part of the cross-ministry culture; documentation and records management, training strategies and related resources; and, identification of required capital and operational resources. The draft implementation plan will be submitted to the client’s Management Committee for its review and consideration. The contractor will be reporting to the Chair of the Site Management Committee.
The Contractor will be expected to provide services that include Project Management, Site SharePoint Development and Design, Site System Management and Training.
The Contractor is expected to:
- Identify the business needs of each Ministry in relation to Aboriginal consultation and incorporate the development and design in the 2010 SharePoint system by customizing web-parts, lists, libraries, calendars, list rollups and utilize data review. (This pilot project requires the development of webpages for the client’s Office.
- Improve security functions for Ministry mandated consultation information.
- Explore and report on the feasibility to move information in the Site to the new platform (SharePoint 2010). Test the transfer of information and how it affects the metadata.
- Identify and develop effective and efficient ways to improve the navigational features of the Site.
- Work with the Client’s Site Management Committee and develop a Site implementation plan that considers the intended purpose of the Site, including: Strategies to encourage greater usage of the Site; strategies to enable seamless communication between the client’s site and relevant departmental systems; and capital and operational requirements, including performance measures.
- Provide a Quick Start Guide for New Site Users on how to maintain a Record of Consultation (specific for each ministry business needs) and How to navigate, Filter, and Find Information efficiently on the Site.
- Maintain functional goals of the project design to maintain user ability of the system while incorporating an aesthetically and clean presentation of the system.
- Provide training to the Site Development Team members on how to effectively use, manage, and report specific to each Ministries individual needs for the Site.
- Assist with the retrieval of consultation information from the Site as instructed by the Chair of the Site Management Committee.
- The Contractor will be working closely with all levels of the consultation Ministries, including directors, managers, policy advisors, Records Officers, System Analysts and at times; could be required to attend ADM, DM and Executive Council level meetings for demonstrations and Q&As. Strong leadership, public speaking skills, and team management skills are essential and desired. The ideal contractor requires experience with managing cross-ministry projects. Able to use software that can summarize, graph and predict trends is required for reporting and summaries in addition to SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint 5 yrs.
- Development/Design of SharePoint Site 5 yrs.
- Development of methodologies for the project (site assessment, development and design, including work schedule and milestone dates for interim and final reports) 5 yrs.
- Acceptance testing of the project site design/development 5 yrs.
- Risk management strategies 5 yrs.
- Software management approach 5 yrs.
- Effective training approach 5 yrs.
- Maintenance support and assistance 5 yrs.
- Project management software tools 5 yrs.
- Response to conversion / transition / merging requirements 5 yrs.
- Financial/pricing identified – breakdown provided 5 yrs.
- Project administrative strategies – is issue escalation procedure appropriate 5 yrs.
- Provide procedures to identify, report and resolve any slippage 5 yrs.
- Reference for projects of similar scope/complexity - eg. Providing samples of the Implementation Plans 5 yrs.
- Valid driver’s license 5 yrs.