Our Edmonton client requires a Procurement Specialist for upcoming projects.
Procurement Specialists work closely with Department project teams to identify requirements and business needs and translate those into solicitation documents, such as Requests For Proposals (“RFP”).
This role will be responsible for solicitation document preparation, supporting document preparation, evaluation plan preparation, leading business teams in the evaluation of proposals, contractor selection, and contract finalization. Engagements may require significant experience in IM and IT.
This role will be required to liaise closely with the following areas of the Government of Alberta throughout the solicitation process:
- Contracted Services
- Legal Services
- Risk Management
- Contract Review Committee
- Business Managers
The responsibilities for a Procurement Specialist may include any or all of the following activities:
RFP / Contracting Strategy
- In conjunction with respective project team leaders, develop a strategy for RFP preparation based upon project goals and criteria;
- Devise innovative strategies for developing multiple contracts and corresponding RFPs;
- Work closely with the Department to introduce and execute innovative practices into the existing RFP process;
- Develop effective communications processes to ensure project progress and issue reporting to all participants and stakeholders.
Preparation of RFPs and Draft Contracts
- Research current industry costs to prepare and analyze vendor proposals, ensuring successful RFP and procurement contract management;
- Identify any sub-projects where separate RFPs may be required to acquire specific vendor services;
- Assist the business in the collection of requirements for system components and background materials for RFP;
- Work with technical staff of the Department to define skill sets and/or experience required by prospective vendors;
- Build support and consensus with a diverse team.
Management of RFP Processes
- Prepare RFPs, evaluation plans, and final award recommendations;
- Assist the Department in providing RFP interpretations to vendors by developing written responses to questions;
- Review vendor proposals for quality, accuracy and adherence to required standards;
- Coordinate business team reviews of draft proposal and evaluation plan materials;
- Assist the Department to plan and schedule bidders’ conferences and vendor presentations, including agenda development for those activities;
- Assist the Department in debriefing unsuccessful vendors;
- Assist the Department in finalizing contracts with recommended vendors.
Requirements - Education and General Experience (must have one of the following)
- University graduation in business, management or a related discipline; and two years of experience, or,
- two-year diploma in business, management or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and four years of experience, or,
- a one-year certificate in business, management or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and five years of experience, or,
- a currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline from a recognized issuing body; and five years of experience
Requirements- Related Experience and/or Certification
- Currently active CAPM, PMP or PgMP Certification as issued by the Project Management Institute or equivalent
- Experience in a leadership and/or facilitation role
- Experience in using organizational skills at an advanced level
- Experience in business writing and communications at an advanced level.
- Experience with trade agreements and competitive bid law
- Experience in public sector purchasing practices
- Experience in public sector procurement processes
- Experience at the senior management level or above within an organization of comparable size and complexity to the GoA
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience with analysis and management of complex acquisition initiatives
- Experience with analysis and management of complex interrelated contracts
- Experience in the acquisition of IT products and services via a competitive bidding process