|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|Industry / Entreprise
|City / Ville
|Country / Pays
|Title / Titre
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
||We have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect for one of our downtown client. The successful candidate will work with the architecture team within Infrastructure program and will be accountable for the design, successful technical implementation, and operability of the technologies within the IT department.
|Responsibilities / Responsabilités
||Job Duties will include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the build and overseeing the rollout of all aspects of our Infrastructure strategy
• Operating Systems selection and standardization
• Hardware sizing practices and processes
• Scalability and Resiliency strategy
• Backup and Recovery
• Data Center and Facilities practice
• Disaster Recovery
• Virtualization strategy
• IaaS (and provide input into PaaS, SaaS) strategy
• Database and Storage
• Vendor & technology evaluation and selection
• Responsible for the resolution of complex technical/design issues and ensure the completion of all architectural technical deliverables of assigned Technology Transformation projects.
• Collaborate as a peer with members of the Architecture Working Group, and other technical and non-technical resources in Shaw’s IT department .
• Work in partnership with the technical leads, and developers, making sure that the technical leads and developers are able to realize the architecture, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement.
• Lead and participate in architectural reviews of software, infrastructure, data and other architectures.
• Verifying the implementation of their assigned Technology Transformation Projects, ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture, and will meet the requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring the assigned projects follows the Technology Transformation overall architectural strategy and processes.
• Work in partnership with the Infrastructure Program and project managers within IT
• Responsible for communicating the Infrastructure Architecture strategy thus making sure that everyone understands the architecture. Different people have different viewpoints, so the architect has to present various views of the technology appropriate to different audiences
• Responsible for the completeness of all project architectural, and design documentation.
• Assist with development and implementation of processes, standards and best practices for the Information Technology Support Delivery teams
• Interact with members of other departments in an effective and professional manner.
• Participate in special projects as requested.
• Take on various other duties as required.
• Work in conjunction with other groups (i.e. Engineering, BI, ITSD, Innovation) with architectural related matters
• Architecture Working Group involvement when necessary
|Requirements / Exigences
||Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Recent hands-on experience with Infrastructure implementation and rollout.
• Recent experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMWare ESX etc) design, implementation and management
• Recent experience with Data Center Storage technologies (NetApp or similar) storage design, implementation and management
• Recent experience with common Server OS’ (Oracle/Sun, HPUX, Linux & Windows Server) technologies
• Recent experience with highly distributed architectures
• Recent experience with the build of a Disaster Recovery strategy, and implementations
• Recent experience with Data Center relocations, Infrastructure migrations
• Familiarity with OSS/BSS architectures focused on wireline and mobility technologies
• Familiarity with integration architecture on an enterprise SOA project
• Knowledge of data architectures and technologies, including both relational/SQL and noSQL databases.
• Experience conducting architectural, design or hands-on code reviews of Infrastructure Operational scripts and tools.
• Project management or team leadership experience is a plus.
• Experience addressing concerns from a cross-project or company-wide level is a plus.
• Familiarity with and buy-in on agile/lean development methodologies, continuous delivery principles.
• History of developing, implementing, and improving business processes.
• Comfort working intimately with resources from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• Experience influencing rather than directing individuals, including leaders, in large organizations.
• Ability to understand and work within project scope, lifecycle, process, and dependencies.
• Familiarity with ITIL processes and implementation practices
• Telecommunications industry knowledge.
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Full-Time / Temps plein
|Date Added / Date ajoutée
|Years Experience / Nombre d’années d’expérience