Start Date: Immediately
Our client in the financial sector is seeking a Solutions Architect for this permanent full-time role.
The Information Services Solutions Architect will be responsible for the leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of enterprise solution architecture. The successful candidate will work with a range of people in business and IS to lead and facilitate the development and use of the client's target solutions. The Solutions Architect will contribute to the development of all styles and patterns of architecture solutions and will be capable of articulating how technology choices affect current and future business value.
- University or technical degree required.
- Enterprise architecture certification is desirable, such as TOGAF.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in Information Services covering a broad technical range with a variety of application systems and technologies.
- Minimum five (5) years working experience in an architecture position dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions.
- Experience must include leading and defining architectural strategy, standards and governance
- Background in software development and system enhancements, preferably in the financial industry.
- Experience with a large scale system implementations, including data migration.
- Knowledgeable in the design and construction of solution architectures that enable well integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems. Developed architecture solutions to address complex needs of the organization, at the enterprise level.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic requirements into reusable enterprise solution architecture.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Strong understanding of information and integration architectures, common solution architecture patterns and frameworks, and application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design,client/server and legacy systems.
- Fluent in the use of multiple technologies (programming languages, databases, middleware, development tools, system software).
- Expert knowledge of messaging systems, adapter technologies and web services.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Warehouse and ETL.
- Modeling experience including ERD,Process Flow, UML, RUP and/or others.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience may include a background in mainframe or distributed technologies, ITIL, TOGAF, IT strategic planning, software development, and operational support. A practical and pragmatic understanding of integration will be especially useful.
- Determines, evaluates and defines the appropriate architectural strategy to align departmental and corporate business objectives with information technology strategies, placing high importance on the overall cost of ownership and investment for the future.
- Lead and guides the definition of technology based business solutions ensuring the appropriate and effective use of technology as a means for attaining business value.
- Establishes technical direction and ensures solutions are consistent with architectural direction and consist of approved technologies and reusable assets.
- Create and enforce architectural standards that enable products to interoperate
- Ensure continuity across integration projects through standards enforcement.
- Apply software, data and infrastructure knowledge expertise of current and future architecture to projects
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into architectural deliverables
- Researches and evaluates emerging and maturing technologies to facilitate the identification, introduction and exploitation of technologies for departmental and corporate solutions.
- Create and manage technology strategy and roadmap to influence IS decision making; perform R&D as necessary
- Provides coaching, mentoring and consulting to raise the overall technical competency of staff and to disseminate an understanding of the architecture direction.
- Identifies opportunities for Information Services to ensure high quality in all deliverables and continuous improvement in solution definition and delivery.