|Title / Titre
||Technology Architect (Senior)
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client in the Government of Alberta GoA requires a Senior Technology Architect for this long term contract role.
Start Date: February 3, 2014
End Date: March 31, 2015 (with the possibility, at the discretion of the client, two additional 1 year extensions with the same terms and conditions including pricing)
The Ministry provides a shared services delivery model that delivers high quality services through cost-effective supply of services. This is accomplished through support services in the areas of administration, finance, human resources, and information and communications technology (“ICT”). These services include management and support of desktops, provision of network access, management of network security and operations, provision and support of common tools, server and storage management, service delivery and support, technical consulting, project management and application hosting.
The Technology Architect Resource will represent corporate and project interests to various project stakeholders and develop strong customer relations. The Technology Architect Resource’s primary role will be in the planning and development of project deliverables for Government of Alberta Technology Infrastructure and Migration projects from the initiation and analysis phases through to the implementation phase. The Technology Architect Resource will understand and leverage Government of Alberta policies, business rules, data requirements and supporting system processes to ensure the objectives and schedules align with the Minister’s goals and objectives and with the corporate business plan. The Technology Architect Resource will assist with providing recommendations detailing resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
The Technology Architect Resource should have working knowledge of domain migrations, Windows7, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, virtual desktop and virtual server and SAN storage technologies. The Technology Architect Resource must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
As part of the GOA Domain technology refresh initiative, the Technology Architect Resource is required to:
- Research and evaluate latest technology trends;
- Architect new IT services, develop solution paper and test plan;
- Evaluate current services, recommend remedial actions where required;
- Sandbox potential new corporate services and assess their impact on the operational environment, giving recommendations to ensure a successful and secure production implementation;
- Assist in determining hardware/software requirements;
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams on proof of concept and limited production roll outs; and
- Provide quality control on production implementations.
As part of the ICT SC initiative to migrate ministries to the consolidated GoA domain environment, the Technology Architect Resource is required to:
- Represent corporate and operations interests in planning with government departments;
- Communicate operation guidelines and policies to the clients;
- Apply and interpret how the operation guidelines enhance the ministry’s way of doing business;
- Review new services and technology requests by ministry and assess their impact on the operational environment, giving recommendations for remediation
- Assist in determining hardware/software requirements;
- Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to architectural deployment and services delivery;
- Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of Architectural planning and deployments;
- Assist with implementation of information technology infrastructure;
- Document technical recommendations, provide technical advice and guidance to management, operations and project team members and within shared IT services;
- Ensure change management processes are followed;
- Make recommendations to project team members pertaining to issues, risks and client satisfaction;
- Advise the Service Desk and project team members of activities and contribute to status reporting at regular intervals; and
- Effect transition to Government of Alberta support operations as and when appropriate
The proposed resource must have at least one of the following combinations of education or certification and experience:
- University graduation in computer science or a related discipline and four years experience
- two-year diploma in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and and 6 years experience.
- Experience in supporting an enterprise IT environment. 10 years
- Experience designing, planning, implementing and supporting Windows Active Directory and related infrastructure solutions. 10 years
- Experience designing, planning, implementing and supporting Windows 7, and Server 2008 R3 Operating Systems. 4 years
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting LAN/WAN internetworking technologies. 10 years
- Experience in Architecture/ Standards Management - developing an effective IT operations architecture encompassing organization, process and tools necessary to deliver on service goals. 6 years
- Experience in building physical and virtual test environments. 5 years
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational, planning, estimating and communications skills (to be demonstrated at interview). 7 years
- Experience in business case documentation and analysis. 5 years
- Extensive experience in IT Infrastructure architecture and the relationships among the components that make up an IT service — from end-user devices to servers, networks, storage, applications and data. 10 years
- Experience functioning on an individual basis and in a team/group environment (to be demonstrated at interview). 5 years
- Experience working in public sector environment. 7 years
- Experience working on a domain migration. 6 years
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required. Personal vehicle available for travel.
|Date Added / Date ajoutée