|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Start Date: April 1, 2014
End Date: March 31, 2016
Our Edmonton client is seeking a Java Developer for this long term contract role.
The Java Application Developer will be accountable for the successful and iterative development and deployment of various applications, including the delivery of prototype solutions.
The Java Developer is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Have sound knowledge of Applications Development and the methodologies and tools used in creating software.
- Have sound knowledge and experience with Software Architecture Design, Design Patterns, and Database Modelling.
- The ability to work with the business managers and users to understand and develop sound understanding and knowledge of Business Requirements, ensuring that they are clearly documented. Manage these requirements through to the deployment of the software solution.
- Work within a project team(s) to evaluate current processes and exercise change management techniques to drive out application improvements and/or changes due to technology changes.
- Prepare and manage documents such as technical design, project plans and schedules.
- Prepare regular project status reports indicating project deliverables, possible risks and issues, time-lines and anticipated effort.
- Accountable to the IMB Project Portfolio Management Director
- Work within the IMB Project Management Governance Structure.
- Ensure appropriate project communication occurs to all parties involved during all phases of the project.
- Other activities as assigned by the IMB Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Director.
- I.T. related University Degree and/or NAIT or SAIT IT Diploma or demonstrated equivalencies.
- Minimum five years of work experience in performing software integration/implementation in an IT technical environment.
- Minimum of demonstrated three years experience with at least eighty percent of the following: (Provide details)
- JAVA 1.4.2 or higher,
- Java Server Pages (JSP),
- Java Server Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL),
- Struts framework,
- Seam framework,
- JSF ( RichFaces, PrimeFaces),
- Hibernate Framework,
- Ajax Framework,
- Log4J logging framework,
- Design patterns,
- a J2EE compliant server (such as Tomcat),
- Integrated Development Environment (such as Eclipse),
- Oracle DBMS,
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL),
- DBMS administration and SQL development tools (such as SQL*Navigator, TOAD),
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML),
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS),
- Version Control software (e.g CVS)
- Apache ANT (automated software build process),
- and Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of software development and delivery methodologies such as waterfall, iterative (model-based) or agile methods.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of project resources including project working teams, department executives, other technical ICT resources and business subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and reporting tasks status and forecasts to complete.
- Previous experience with software development and deployment related to the following application areas:
- Inventory Management Systems
- Permit Management Systems
- Financial Systems
- Contracting and Procurement Systems
- Vendor Registry Systems
- Experience and understanding of application modelling and prototyping.