Our Edmonton client requires a Technology Architect for upcoming projects.
The responsibilities for a Technology Architect may include any or all of the following activities:
- Facilitate the effective definition and management of the Technology Architecture (e.g. principles, models, standards, guidelines, plans);
- Identify and document key technical requirements;
- Encourage technical models that reduce technology redundancy by promoting reuse/sharing (in keeping with the ICT strategy);
- Assist in creation of transition plans that will guide current GoA platforms and technologies to their “ideal future state”;
- Lead or assist in communications activities surrounding the Technology Architecture;
- Ensure that the Technology Architecture is coherent and consistent with the GoA ICT strategies and with other GoA architecture domains;
- Contribute to the definition and development of the framework, and associated corporate solution design and delivery methods, thus improving the “proactive alignment” of the Technology Architecture;
- Respond to stakeholder requests for extensions to the scope of the Technology Architecture;
- Provide information, advice, guidance, and consultancy to the stakeholders who are defining or aligning to the Technology Architecture – thus promoting compliance to the Technology Architecture and GoA ICT strategies;
- Establish and participate in design reviews, regular or ad-hoc architectural reviews, and issue management meetings – ensuring correct interpretation of functional requirements, Technology Architecture, and ICT Strategies.
Requirements - Education and General Experience (must have one of the following)
- University graduation in computer science or a related discipline; and two years of experience, or,
- two-year diploma in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and four years of experience, or,
- a one-year certificate in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and five years of experience, or,
- a currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline from a recognized issuing body; and five years of experience
Requirements- Related Experience and/or Certification
- Experience with the GAEA or similar corporate architectures, and all associated best practices, methods, standards, tools, policies, and processes
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. “The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Gartner or Zachman)
- Experience in defining technical architecture, building technical environments, supporting software development processes and initiatives, software configuration and database management.
- Experience using analytical and problem-solving skills in planning and designing creative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Experience assisting clients execute strategies with technology, process, organizational design and IT operations.
- Experience planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring concurrent projects.
- Experience using critical thinking skills to evaluate multiple alternatives as a part of complex decision-making.
- General experience or knowledge of information technologies, network devices, various models of desktop and laptop computers, printers, and other peripherals
- Experience using advanced oral and written communication skills
- Experience communicating with staff at all levels within an organization