|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Network Operations Centre Technician Level II
||The Network Operations Centre Technician Level 2 is responsible for monitoring the global enterprise, identifying issues and potential problems, coordinating resources, communicating the status, providing Tier I & 2 support, and assisting with routine tasks and maintenance in a 24/7 environment with overall accountability for to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance, provision customer network services on core equipment and to provide support services for ITS and other technical teams. The Technician is responsible for ensuring the delivery of services be timely, co-operative and professional.
||1. Proactively monitor the complex infrastructure, application services, and operational architecture through a Network Operations Centre (NOC) environment to ensure maximum availability and minimal interruptions.
2. 95% working from office environment, 5% deployed into field as needed.
3. 40% network support, 20% Server W2K8 application support, 15% Server W2K8 support, 15% documentation creation, 10% remote desktop support via phone and/or remote control.
4. Investigate and identify issues or potential issues and promptly coordinate appropriate resources to reduce impact.
5. Communicate the status and provide escalation notifications throughout the enterprise on service impacting events.
6. Act as primary escalation point for issues arising from within and outside, and act as the focal point during issues.
7. Make decisions and take appropriate actions to prevent network interruptions and service degradations.
8. Solid understanding of networking (LAN/WAN), including but not limited to; Server technologies, storage (SAN/NAS), Email, mobile computing, SQL Databases, Document Management, Citrix, VMWare, Clustering, Backups, Telecommunications and Share Point.
9. Maintenance of technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
10. Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
11. Engage in proactive and reactive network/systems monitoring.
12. Upon receipt of network trouble conditions, follows procedures to validate and classify impact, perform basic troubleshooting and notify appropriate personnel.
13. Operate within established SLA guidelines.
14. Enters new trouble tickets, assigns existing tickets and keep users informed of status.
15. Engage in activities to further advance the monitoring platform such as creating network maps, rack diagrams.
16. Generate reports for engineering teams such as disk utilization, CPU performance, and network status.
17. Performs proactive health checks as part of normal surveillance.
18. Execute routine maintenance activities, such as tape backups and patch status reports.
19. Work to ensure that procedures are well documented and understood.
20. Create, adjust and maintain monitoring rules and configurations.
21. Help other teams with projects as time permits i.e. Service Delivery Managers, Client Executives
22. Participate in a 24x7x365 call-out rotation as required
||• Diploma or Degree in Computer Science related field
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in a similar role and industry
• ITIL Foundations v.3 Certification
• Results oriented with a disposition towards continuous improvement – demonstrates strong initiative to create / evolve processes.
• Problem solving ability and proven analytical skills and resourcefulness to effectively resolve issues.
• Highly organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong communication skills; detail oriented and organized.
• Fluent in Windows / MS Office environment
• Excellent strategic and tactical sales skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on listening, verbal and written communication capabilities.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to use own judgment/initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision.
• High standards of work ethic: punctuality, professionalism, and attitude.
• High patience level, with the ability to explain complex issues.
• Detail oriented and able to follow procedures.
• Able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change.
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
• Knowledge of networking concepts, such as ACLs, VLANs, subnetting and routing tables.
• Knowledge of monitoring technologies such as WMI and SNMP
• Experience working in an SLA environment.
• Ability to execute commands and script in PowerShell.
• Network and server troubleshooting skills.
• Juniper (JNCIS-FWV), Cisco (CCNA), and/or (Microsoft (MCITP) certifications an asset.
• Available and adaptable to work various shifts in a 24x7x365 operation and be on-call for emergency response.