Our Edmonton client requires a System Analyst (Windows) for this permanent role.
Start Date: ASAP
The Information Technology Department manages the computer technology and network infrastructure that drives the organization’s business systems located at our corporate head office, facilities and sales centers.
The System Analyst position requires strong technical skills and would be responsible for analysis, problem resolution, and support of various application systems. Strong communication and inter- personal skills are required when interacting with staff in a variety of unique business units. You must have a working knowledge of Windows networking, Active Directory, and Desktop support and be able to rely on experience and judgment when solving issues or deploying hardware and software. This position reports to the Information Technology Manager, and will work closely with the Systems Administrator, as well as 3rd party IT vendors.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in supporting IT systems, projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our Home builder systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist with application installation and testing.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Produce technical procedures and documentation for applications including operations, user guides, and knowledgebase articles.
- Participate in monthly meetings with the IT Department to discuss progress and issues to be resolved
- Position requires at least 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Post secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education is considered an asset.
- You must have a working knowledge of Windows networking, Active Directory, and Desktop support and be able to rely on experience and judgment when solving issues or deploying hardware and software.
- Proven track record in the field relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, and user support.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of VMWare, Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- Regular travel to other sites and facilities within the organization is required.