|Title / Titre
||Windows System and Server Administrator (3+ years of experience - Tier II)
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client in the Government of Alberta is currently seeking a Windows System and Server Administrator (3+ years of experience – Tier II) for this long term contract role.
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: March 31, 2016
Our Edmonton client in the Government of Alberta requires the services of Windows Systems and Server Administrator to provide Infrastructure support services to the end users and other support system personnel. The position is part of a Tier II support team responsible for maintaining the Windows server environment. This resource will work under the direction and supervision of the Windows Server Team Leads performing operations support and providing systems and software maintenance required to meet the on-going business needs of the client community of our client’s department , and the Petrinex Applications network environment. Applications run on the Microsoft Windows 20xx Server platform on Intel and AMD based HP servers.
This position will be required to provide infrastructure support services to the Client’s Department and the Petrinex applications network, the successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills and experience in communication directly with the client community, and a proven ability to function within a team. Resource must also possess excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills. Education and past experience should be in keeping with that required to fully understand the technical aspects of the tasks.
The resource may also need to perform varied operational, implementation, consultative and diagnostic/repair functions to support server and data storage systems, Server security and infrastructure components, and environmental systems in the department. The resource assists in ensuring all infrastructure services are operational and properly maintained.
Working within existing guidelines, policies, procedures and practices, the technical expertise of this position contributes directly to the IMTS Branch’s objective of ensuring the department’s employees, clients, and customers can readily acquire, access, organize, share, protect, disseminate and store information needed to successfully accomplish their goals.
In general, key aspects of the role are:
- Providing day-to-day computer operational support;
- First responder and primary support to the Server team problem ticketing queue;
- Providing configuration of system hardware;
- Providing installation, patching and configuration of system software;
- Providing system performance monitoring and performance tuning;
- Managing user accounts and file systems;
- Providing management and administration to the networking functions of the Windows servers;
- Providing expertise to users in the effective utilization of client/server based applications software;
- Providing technical support to client community and Functional Unit team members;
- Assisting in evaluating and testing client/server products and utility software that interfaces with the applications in the Windows Server environment; analyzing the impact on those applications, and recommending a plan of action including determining the costs and benefits of the recommendations;
- Documenting processes and procedures related to operations, software installation and usage;
- Participating in disaster recovery planning and execution, as necessary;
- Providing quality assurance and quality control to ensure changes to the application and operational procedures meet the department standards;
- Supporting ad-hoc reporting requirements;
- Working with automated tools used to support the applications and operational procedures;
- Maintaining currency of software releases, including the testing and implementation of the Microsoft Suite of server products and other third party software – e.g .Quest management tools;
- Maintaining documentation of the applications and servers including business/technical design, operating procedures, standards and guidelines, etc; and
- Maintaining change control procedures, standards, and policies already in place.
- Supervisory duties are not required at this time, although the resource may be responsible for providing technical input on projects and/or tasks.
- Experience as a Windows Server Systems Administrator in a client/server environment. 3 years or more within the past 7 years
- Experience supporting a Microsoft Windows 2008 Server operating System and Active Directory environment (user, file/print services). 3 years or more within the past 7 years
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and/or 2010 administrative work (users, mailboxes). 3 years or more within the past 7 years
- Experience with backup and restore technologies. 3 years or more within the past 7 years
- Experience in creating documentation for technical processes and procedures (e.g. Installation instructions, operational procedures, use of reporting tools and service desk tools). 3 years or more within the past 7 years
- Experience as a Tier II support person dealing with all levels of end user. 4 years or more within the past 7 years
- Experience with Server cluster, virtualization, and load-balancing technologies. 1 year or more in past 3 years
- Experience with server and storage hardware installation and maintenance. 1 year or more in past 3 years
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint services. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience with enterprise-wide anti-virus solutions. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience with Microsoft IIS/Web services. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2007/2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), and Visio. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience with management of mobile devices, security and provisioning. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience using scripting tools to automate administrative tasks – e.g VB Script, Windows PowerShell, Logon Scripts, Active Directory reporting and updating, Exchange Management Shell. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience with SCCM / SCOM 2012 asset management and reporting. 6 months or more in past 3 years
- Experience with remote access technologies. 6 months or more in past 3 years
|Date Added / Date ajoutée