|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Country / Pays
|Title / Titre
||BI Architect (Full-Time)
||Our client is looking for a Full-Time BI Architect.
Business Intelligence Architect
Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing new technology to life. Where we make things happen when we work together. Just imagine what being on the leading edge of technology could do for you, for everyone! Our client believes a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Our client is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
the leading Entertainment and Communications Company, has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Architect in our Calgary office. The Business Intelligence (BI) team delivers competitive advantage by providing information to manage the company’s performance and to facilitate better decision making. The Business Intelligence team is an exciting, high-profile team playing an integral role in strategic directions. We offer a great atmosphere, with a fast pace, where you’ll be surrounded by innovative, sharp-minded individuals. in undergoing a major replacement of our core billing system, which will include the incorporation of wireless data.
• Create innovative Business Intelligence solutions to address stake holder requirements
• Continuously improve team processes and standards to ensure information is of the highest quality, contributing to the overall value of the Business Intelligence team
• Represent BI as a full member of the Architecture Working Group
• Create BI conceptual, logical, and physical roadmaps based on alignment with prioritized corporate and IT business drivers
• Conduct design analysis, design reviews and assessment of business requirements affecting BI systems and associated data stores to identify system impacts and preserve the overall quality and integrity of source and destination data sources
• Define and implement standards for effective data models to support business requirements
• Utilize knowledge of business process and data to ensure proactive resolution of data quality issues
• Participate on assigned projects to estimate development timelines, analyze requirements for completeness and feasibility, communicate progress, and architectural overviews
• Perform quality assurance regarding the design, development and testing of system enhancements and changes that are made to BI systems, data stores, and processes to ensure that they function according to design
• Maintain awareness of industry trends and emerging technologies
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration
• Exceptional customer engagement, interpersonal, presentation and overall communication skills
• 8 years+ related business intelligence architect experience (well versed in Kimball & Inmon architecture; data vaults; Informatica; Oracle Exadata, Oracle Data Integrator & Oracle Golden Gate; ETL/ELT methodologies; virtualization technologies)
• Experience in the Telecommunications Entertainment industries including , cable, internet and telephony
• 5+ years experience with a Major BI Technology Set (MicroStrategy, OBIEE, etc.)
• Strong experience developing solutions in a Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server environment
• Solid understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and best practices, with an understanding of its strategic importance to the organization
• Strong conceptual and analytical abilities, identifying opportunities for improvement through analysis and creative thinking
• Work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing team environment
• Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.