Start Date: Immediately
Our Edmonton client has an opening for an IT Project Coordinator. This is a permanent full-time role.
The IT Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering building development projects of varying size and complexity. The Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of OR working with the Project Manager (PM).
Responsible for managing (at times with assistance) the design, development and implementation of projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gathers and further defines project scope, high level estimates, and assists with initial business case.
- Develops methods, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress. Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives, sometimes with assistance.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules.
- Assist in building and maintaining IT procedures and methodology for portfolio buildup.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule.
- Identifies ways to resolve schedule issues. Keeps management aware of the situation.
- Tracks and manages issues and risks, formalize mitigation plans, drive actions, and bring items to closure.
- Assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives.
- Ensure clients’ or vendors needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval
- Conducts formal review with PM and management at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact internal department relationship.
- Represents the client and all related entities in a professional manner at all times.
- Bachelors or diploma degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS or related curriculum or equivalent work experience.