Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client in the Energy sector requires a Technical Analyst for this 6 month contract role.
Start Date: July 8, 2013
End Date: December 31, 2013
This position will work with the client’s customers to create application packages for automated deployment to the client’s desktops.
- Responsible for creating quality MSI packages of company software applications for deployment through automated distribution methods.
- Communicate and collaborate with end users / clients where required for package creation and testing.
- Responsible for Windows 7 compatibility testing of some applications, resolving issues as identified and where possible.
- May work with third party vendors to identify and resolve Windows 7 or other compatibility issues.
- Maintaining an acceptable level of technical knowledge on our company’s products and services relating to application packaging and deployment.
- Responsible for some SCCM infrastructure design and management
- Ensure proper IT Change Management processes are followed.
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups.
- Collaborate with other IT departments on assigned projects and issues where required.
- Ability to follow company specific standards and procedures, as well as best practices.
- Ensure all packages created are tested through the company’s deployment process and that they pass quality assurance.
- Following the company’s policies and guidelines, create standard OS images for deployment through rapid deployment methods.
- Maintain and enhance policies and procedures relating to packaging. Research and update as necessary, packaging tools and techniques.
- Work is completed with little supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of automated deployment of MSI applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Admin Studio (preferred) or WISE packaging suites.
- Requires 4+ years of related experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong Visual Basic Scripting skills or related experience.
- Excellent Windows Operating System Knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and/or independently depending upon the situation.
- Knowledge of silent installation methods.
- Knowledge of OS/application interdependencies.
- Experienced with OS imaging tools and methods.
- Graduated from a recognized post-secondary program.
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel
|Date Added / Date ajoutée