Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||_Database Administrator (DBA)
Our Edmonton client requires Database Administrators (DBAs) for upcoming projects
Database Administrators maintain and support Program specific database instances, definitions and processes. The Database Administrator (DBA) designs, implements and maintains the database environment for the System(s) associated with various Programs. This includes loading database components (DDL, Views, Schema, etc.) to support the application software, loading data into the environments and migrating the database changes from one environment to another.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Self starting
- Database Administration skills
- Ability to write and maintain technical documentation
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Communication and teamwork
- Providing DBA support to the program project(s) including work effort estimates for DBA tasks;
- Establishing Database Administration procedures;
- Producing physical database designs;
- Ensuring physical database designs reflect logical database designs;
- Reviewing requirements for any new application areas for database impacts;
- Reviewing application designs and checking database accesses for efficiency;
- Providing database support to project teams;
- Participating in project testing activities as required;
- Logging and validating database change requests received;
- Moving database changes between managed environments;
- Escalating problems which cannot be resolved;
- Being aware of unresolved technical issues and monitoring their status;
- Performance tuning applications from a database perspective
- Coordination and communication with the Enterprise Database Administrator.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience in an ICT environment - three (3) years.
- Experience using Relational Database techniques. Understanding logical and physical data models, the nature of relationships and constraints between entities and/or tables - two (2) years.
- Current experience as a DBA on a Microsoft SQL Server platform - two (2) years.
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience using Microsoft VB.Net.
- Experience with projects spanning the full systems development life cycle
- Experience with projects spanning multiple technical environments
- Experience with projects having aggressive project schedules
- Experience with risk and quality management processes
- Experience with Microsoft development tools
- Experience with Configuration Management processes
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Experience with SQL Profiler
- Experience with SQL Dashboard
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with SQL Server partitioning
- Experience with enterprise architecture
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework