|Title / Titre
||Intermediate Project Manager
Start Date: December 10, 2012
End Date: July 7, 2013 (with the possibility, at the option of the client, for extension for up to six months on the same terms and conditions, including price)
Our Edmonton client is seeking an Intermediate Project Manager for this full-time, contract role.
Reporting to the Internal Communications Manager, the Project Manager will act as a Project Coordinator. The resource will support and lead multiple simultaneous Projects and will be accountable to ensure that Projects are delivered to achieve Projects’ goals, scope, budget, schedule, quality and other performance standards. Specific duties include:
1. Project management (PM) coaching and support
- Assisting in establishing basic standards, processes and procedures based on PM best practices;
- Developing common templates and processes; and
- Developing and/or assisting in developing various Project charters and plans
2. Content migration from former intranet sites to the new intranet site:
- Collaborating with business area and IT leadership to develop a well-defined Project plan that clearly states the Project's objectives, scope, assumptions, timelines, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget;
- Completing an inventory of content to move from the previous sites to the new site, working with the web team to develop the information architecture required for new content, working closely with business areas regarding their content needs, and assisting with writing for the web basics;
- Leading and/or attending regularly scheduled project committee and status meetings throughout the Project life cycle;
- Documenting and reporting Project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources;
- Facilitating closure of issues that cannot be resolved by Project teams;
- Closely monitoring Project progress and status against the plan, identifying and managing variances via the Project governance structure; and
- Implementing mechanisms, such as change control, to keep the Project on track.
3. Intranet enhancements
- Developing a longer-term enhancement strategy and project plan;
- Working with Project sponsors to develop a Project organization structure (intranet governance) with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for committees, teams and Project team members and to ensure the roles are appropriately resourced for the Project duration;
- Developing and co-ordinating implementation of a marketing strategy for staff; and
- Assessing whether the Project achieved stated outcomes through surveys or focus groups.
4. Management of daily intranet requests and monitoring of site
- Prioritizing and implementing requests from staff for intranet updates in co-ordination with IT business area.
- Monitoring regular activity and acting upon requests as required.
- Coaching staff on how to write for the web by crafting simple and clear online communications
5. Other duties as directed by the Minister or Minister's agents.
- Related Degree or Diploma
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager for similar Projects as described above
- Experience managing multiple projects (including business projects), working in large complex environments, and consulting with diverse stakeholder groups. (5 years)
- Experience establishing and managing Project Management processes, procedures and templates. (5 years)
- Experience developing and/or assisting others in the development of project charters, plans and templates. (5 years)
- Experience collaborating with business area and IT leadership to develop and implement a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project objectives, scope, assumptions, timelines, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget. (5 years)
- Experience working with project sponsors to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for committees, teams and project team members and to ensure the roles are appropriately resourced for the project duration. (5 years)
- Experience preparing individuals as well as consolidated project status reports against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources. (5 years)
- Experience developing and maintaining project work schedule with activities, timelines, critical paths and resource requirements as well as managing all activities against the project work schedule for the project duration. (5 years)
- Experience in monitoring project status against the plan, identifying and managing variances via the project governance structure, proactively monitoring project progress and implement mechanisms such as change control to keep the project on track. (5 years)
- Experience documenting initiative/project backgrounds, descriptions, environmental analyses, alternatives, impacts, risks, cost-benefit analyses, recommendations, implementation strategies, and approval processes. (5 years)
- Demonstrated skills in communication, facilitation, and presentation. (5 years)
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization including high-level decision makers. (5 years)
- Experience with writing for the web. (5 years)
- Experience with the SharePoint platform. (5 years)
- Understanding of information architecture and how to organize online content. (5 years)
- Professional designation
- Confirmation of the ability to commence services on December 10, 2012.