Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires Technical Writers for upcoming projects
- conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to determine the requirements for technical documents,
- confirm expected requirements with technical and business stakeholders,
- develop plans for creating and/or updating technical documents,
- develop technical documents, and
- validate technical documents developed with stakeholders.
- document and report on the status of their efforts.
- Complete assigned technical writing tasks;
- Confirm understanding of requirements;
- Develop and execute plans for the creation and/or modification of technical documents;
- Develop technical documentation, as directed;
- Document and report status of assignments;
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or attend necessary meetings, interviews and/or workshops to develop, confirm and gain approval of technical documentation being produced and provide updates on progress.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Self starting
- Meeting facilitation
- Requirements gathering
- Ability to write and maintain technical documentation
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Communication and teamwork
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience as a technical writer - five (5) years
- Experience working in an ICT environment – three (3) years
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience developing documentation for procurement (Requests For Proposals, Requests For Information, Requests for Comments, Value Based Requests and evaluation plans)
- Experience developing documentation for agreements (Service Level Agreements, Operational Level Agreements)
- Experience developing documentation for programs/projects (business cases, deliverables)
- Experience developing documentation for IT planning (strategic, business continuity, disaster recovery, communications)
- Experience developing documentation for solution test-plans, cases and scenarios
- Experience developing documentation for training and end-user manuals
- Experience developing documentation for Privacy Impact Assessments
- Experience developing documentation related to post-secondary education or education services
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel