Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Database Administrator (Senior)
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Start Date: ASAP
Our Edmonton client in the Financial sector is seeking a Senior Database Administrator for this contract to hire position.
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for the technical health and availability of all relational databases including mission critical applications and the ability to meet associated SLA & disaster recovery requirements. This individual works with programmer staff to advise on the development of data and technically efficient software deliverables.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and business intelligence initiatives.
- Database failover strategy, including off-site storage, transactional replication and application release back-out plans.
- Proactively monitor multiple databases and recommend & lead preventative maintenance activities (automate when applicable).
- Provide production support of databases (Financial systems, BI environments and departmental software applications).
- Perform system maintenance and on-call duties as necessary.
- Provide support and integration development skills leveraging SQL, Com and Web services components.
- Assist in Technical and Software Application Projects.
- Install and configuration of SQL & Oracle databases.
- Monitor database performance and tuning as required.
- Database security, archival and data warehouse administration.
- Database architecture and physical design based on logical model and requirements.
- Assist in capacity planning, scalability and design.
- Provide data access efficiency/optimization advice to Developers.
- Project participation including centralization of database services, business intelligence initiatives and the implementation of software packages
- Align BI and DB advancements with SOA and other industry best practices.
- Work within structured processes and controls.
- Minimum two (2) year diploma in Computer Systems Technology.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in Database Administration with SQL and/or Oracle databases.
- Developer experience with SQL Reporting Service and OLAP cubes.
- DR - Backup and recovery of mission critical database applications.
- Expert knowledge of software integration techniques and protocols.
- Knowledge of SOA based development architectures, tools and techniques.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on tasks and in a collaborative environment, under limited supervision.
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract to Hire
|Date Added / Date ajoutée