Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Windows Administrator - Junior
This position will assist the Windows support team in providing second level support for our client in the oil and gas industry's Windows infrastructure. The role of the team is to optimize Windows servers and related services to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported. This includes designing, installing, configuring, and fine-tuning the operating environment across our client's organization in a timely and efficient manner. Some travel and a valid driver's License is also required.
- Install and configure HP x86 server hardware and various other appliances.
- Provide secondary triage of client issues and problems that have been escalated from the Service Desk.
- Working with other OSS team members to plan, design, install, configure and operate Windows servers.
- Manage mail, file and print services, DNS, Citrix, CommVault, and custom applications.
- Design and implement processes and procedures to improve the operation of the environment.
- Liaising with IT customers to determine their requirements and ensure that business needs are effectively translated into solutions.
- A degree or diploma in Computing Science or Computer Engineering or a related Information Technology discipline with 3+ years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating effectively with various levels of management.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2003 / 2008 servers.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix, Active Directory group policy, file systems and print services.
- A good understanding of IT technical infrastructure requirements for large enterprise deployments.
- Ability to interpret business drivers and translate into technical solutions.
- Thorough understanding of Information Technology business practices and processes.
- Ability to excel in a self-directed environment.
- Some travel and a valid driver's License is also required.
||Contract to Hire