|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires Technical Team Leaders for upcoming projects
Technical Team Leaders are responsible for managing business analysts, solution testers, trainers and/or application maintenance teams; coordinating the delivery of these services across multiple projects and/or programs.
Under the leadership of the Technical Team Leader the technical resources they are leading will perform activities necessary to provide solutions that meet client needs. These activities include documenting business requirements, documenting business processes and user to system interactions, acquiring approvals, testing developed solutions, performing quality assurance, testing deployments, and developing and delivering training materials.
Technical Team Leaders may be assigned application maintenance responsibilities; providing leadership to a team of technical resources responsible for application changes, enhancements and production control.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Ability to prepare and execute project plans
- Ability to manage others in a team environment
- Ability to deal with clients, management and to resolve related issues.
- Ability to deliver solutions that address business requirements within constraints on budget, time, resources, and technology.
- Ability to manage stress
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following, depending on project assignment:
- Establishing and utilizing control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risk, and change management.
- Assigning and managing team resources across multiple projects.
- Ensuring requirements have been gathered and clearly communicated.
- Preparing and executing project plans.
- Monitoring project activities and taking corrective action to ensure project schedules are being met.
- Assigning tasks and managing project team members, mentoring and providing direction as required.
- Obtain approval for all work assignments and notifying project and program managers or designates of issues, risks and non-compliance with completion criteria or timelines, as appropriate.
- Ensuring appropriate testing and other quality assurance measures are being pursued.
- Ensuring appropriate training materials are being produced and delivering effective training.
- Producing deliverables within specified quality standards.
- Managing changes within a release management framework.
- Tracking and providing monthly reporting of time expended on assigned tasks.
- Communicating project status.
- Participation in meetings and workshops.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience working in an ICT environment – Eight (8) years
- Experience working in technical management or technical delivery management role – Five (5) years
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience leading projects spanning the full systems development life cycle
- Experience delivering solutions within an enterprise architecture environment.
- Experience with leading a team that delivers solutions across multiple technical environments.
- Experience facilitating requirements or design work sessions
- Experience leading a team of Business Analysts
- Experience leading a team of Solution Testers
- Experience leading a team of Trainers
- Experience leading a team of Application Developers
- Experience leading an application support team
- Experience with release management
- Experience with N-Tier solutions
- Experience with web-based solutions
- Experience with ASP.NET solutions
- Experience with MS-SQL database solutions
- Experience using MS-Project or other project management tools
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition TFS
- Experience with post-secondary education systems or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL