Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Oil and Gas
|City / Ville
|Country / Pays
|Title / Titre
||The Information & Research Centre (IRC) provides news monitoring, in-depth research, reference services and access to information tools to support all areas of our client's business. The successful candidate will be assisting the team with the relocation of their corporate library. While this is a temporary position, a passion for information management and a commitment to doing the job right the first time is required!
This is a 3 month contract
||Assist the Information and Research Centre team in preparing for the relocation of the corporate library. Working with InMagic Genie software to prepare books, reports and documents to go offsite or deselect from collection.
• Prepare books, reports and documents to go offsite or to be deselected from the collection
o Remove items from shelf and box or delete items
o Update catalogue records according to procedure
o Make arrangements for the disposal of deselected items
• Participate in special projects and coverage as experience and need requires
• A degree or diploma in library or information studies is an asset
• Previous experience cataloguing and/or indexing is required
• Working knowledge of InMagic Genie is a strong asset
• Good understanding of indexing principles and essential metadata required for any record.
• Previous experience in a Corporate Library setting is an an asset
• Willingness to learn and adhere to procedures is of key importance
• Great attention to detail and must be highly organized
• Ability to maintain focus and manage priorities in a dynamic and busy work environment
• Current proficiency with MS Office applications is required, experience with MS SharePoint an asset
• Ability to lift boxes up to 25lbs