Start Date: ASAP
Our Edmonton client is looking for a permanent IT Quality Assurance Analyst to join their Edmonton team.
The Quality Assurance Analyst plans and directs all QA activities related to implementing new or modified computer applications within our organization.
The Ideal Candidate will bring a proven track record of customer service and direct work experience in a Quality Assurance capacity. They will bring excellent listening skills, solid technology knowledge, organizational skills, the ability to multitask in a fast paced office environment, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work with stakeholders to educate them on the importance of quality testing.
- Oversee the design, scheduling, coordination, and execution of unit, functional, regression, performance, and integration testing procedures.
- Design test strategies, test cases, scenarios, scripts and related materials. Investigate, plan and coordinate the use of automated scripts for regression testing. Log any issues/defects encountered during test cycles and conduct fix verification.
- Write and distribute reports to describe program evaluation problems found, risks identified, and mitigation plans.
- Responsible for goal setting and performance reviews of team members.
- Provide the stakeholders with KPIs on the IT Quality Assurance Function.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software quality assurance.
- Training and/or education in the field of software quality assurance; certification in this field preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in software quality assurance.
- Three or more years of experience in leading testing teams.
- Familiar with testing methodologies and standards.
- Experience with scripting test cases. Experience in use of one or more automated testing tools is an asset.
- Working knowledge of several programming methodologies and their impacts on testing cycles and testing processes.
- Awareness of Microsoft SQL, .NET and Oracle EBS is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset