Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|Title / Titre
||IT Project Manager (SCADA)
||The program team is looking for a well-rounded IT Project Manager able to work on a multi stream cross border project. Must have experienced working in a matrix organizations and the ability to quickly build working relationships with delivery teams and customers.
This is a 9 month contract with a chance of renewal.
||Our client is proposing to roll out Decision Support Centers (DSCs) in each of its seven conventional operating districts within the next three years.
As part of this rollout we require an additional project manager to assist in this project:
Daily Log – working with internal partners to manage the installation and configuration to collect and report of Field Operator daily activities.
Engineering Automation – managing the Decision Support Center Automation project with the Engineering Automation team. This includes both the physical build, configuration and setup.
||A qualified project manager candidate will have:
• 8+ years of experience in managing technical Automation Data Management projects
• Experienced Project Manager for Information Technology
• Experience with the SCADA systems and their integration with data historians is an asset
• Experience with SAP Syclo SMART Work Manager is an asset
• Experience with SAP’s Plant Maintenance is an asset
• Must have solid hard PM skills but equally as important are the soft skills i.e. the ability to “facilitate and drive process & technical project decisions not necessarily make them”
Specifically not looking for a technical expert or SME who can “do the PM work also”
• Support and report to existing Project Manager
• Experience in an highly matrix organizations
• Relationship management capabilities for sponsor, stakeholder and IT management
• Clear, efficient communications in both technical and non-technical environments
• Leadership skills to partner with and direct team members
• Experience in working with Software vendors, and IT professional services companies
• The ability to let the subject matter experts do their job
• The ability to stand on their own and not need constant hand holding or supervision
• The ability to build a logical WBS and corresponding resource and financial plans
• Identify and mitigate risks and issues
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project and ability to learn to use SAP PPM tool
• PMP certification or extensive knowledge of PMI standards
• Some travel to northern Alberta and US (10%)