|Title / Titre
||Intermediate Server Analyst (User Account Administration)
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires an Intermediate Server Analyst (User Account Administration) for this long term contract.
Start Date: August 1, 2013
End Date: July 31, 2014 (with the possibility, at the option of the client, to extend the term for up to two years, on the same terms and conditions including pricing.)
Reporting to the Domain Administration Team Lead, this contracted resource shall be responsible for day-to-day operations within the GOA centralized Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory (ADS). This includes object creation and maintenance, maintenance of user access to network resources, file permissions and security, reporting, development and modifying of administrative guidelines and processes, etc. The Domain Administration Team is responsible for the administration of Exchange 2003/2010 email resources such as mailboxes, distribution groups, and related services. Delegation of administrative authority to ministries is done by this team.
The Domain Administration Team defines the guidelines used by the various organization unit administrators in each Ministry. The latter can grant access to users within their ministries, and must ensure new or unusual requirements are reviewed by the Domain Administration Team Lead. The ability to function on an individual basis and in a team/group environment is required.
NOTE: Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Deliverables may include some or all of the following, in accordance with service level agreements:
- Adhere to existing GoA established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and practices.
- User account (ID) creations, maintenance and deletions for access to network resources.
- Maintenance of Exchange email resources such as mailboxes, distribution groups, Global Address List updates and related services.
- Implement and maintain user security and folder permissions. Provide adhoc reporting of same.
- Manage security group membership to provide access to files and folders for network applications and shared data.
- File and folder moves, restructuring and permission setting.
- Respond and resolve customer incidents/service requests pertaining to Domain and Exchange administration.
- Some project work as required.
- Development and modification of domain and exchange administration documentation, processes and guidelines.
- Assist in active directory clean up as necessary.
- Migration of ministry independent domains (user accounts, security groups and data) to the GOA domain using Quest Migration Manager tools.
- Related degree/diploma with 2-3 years industry experience. Equivalencies considered - 2 years
- Domain Administration for a large scale environment (over 1000 users) using Windows 2003 or 2008 Active Directory (MMC) to manage all objects - 1 year
- Ability to create local and global security groups and to apply permissions to access files, folders and resources on Windows 2003 or 2008 servers. - 1 year
- Ability to use Microsoft Exchange 2003 or 2010 Administrator to manage email accounts - 1 year
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite - 1 year
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as required - Yes/No
- Experience with a problem tracking software and process work flow - 1 year
- Excellent problem solving skills - 1 year
- Strong understanding of NTFS Permissions and best practices - 1 year
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) - Yes/No
- A proven ability to function on an individual basis and in a team/group environment - Yes/No
- Experience with 3rd party utilities such as Script Logic Security Explorer - 1 year
- Experience with BMC ITSM 7 - 6 months
- Experience with Quest Migration Manager - 6 months
- Experience with Quest ActiveRoles Server - 6 months
- Experience migrating SIDs for user objects, and groups from one domain to another - 1 year
- Experience with scripting tools, such as Visual Basic - 6 months
- Experience with Robocopy - 6 months
- Experience with Remote Access software (Terminal Services, VPN, Citrix) - 6 months
- Familiarity with the GOA IT infrastructure, business direction, strategies, shared service initiatives and/or applications - 1 year
- Experience working in local or provincial government environment (indicate years of experience) - No minimum
- Experience with Blackberry Enterprise Services/BES Activations - 1 year
- Experience with mobile devices, IOS and Android devices, specifically iPhones, iPads, Tablets - 6 months
- Available to start August 1, 2013 - Yes/No