Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Reporting to the Team Leader, Residential Underwriting, the Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for rendering credit decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal and insurer policies, underwriting mortgage commitments, and verifying supporting documentation as submitted by mortgage brokers.
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each mortgage application, as presented by the broker
- Apply internal guidelines and insurer guidelines (CMHC & GE Capital) to the credit decision process.
- Negotiate loan terms (where applicable) in order to satisfy the interests of all parties
- Prioritize deals in queue in order to minimize turnaround time.
Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied by the solicitor and the broker prior to funding.
Input selected conditions, credit information, property details and borrower information.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation received.
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
Correspond with mortgage brokers to attain outstanding documentation needed to complete requirementsas stipulated on the commitment.
||$50K-$55K plus benefits