If you are interested in this position, please apply by submitting your resume and contact details. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to them.
Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||United States [US]
||The Systems Engineer role is responsible for architectural design, implementation and hands on maintenance of enterprise architectures based on Windows Server (2008) and Linux in a highly secure service provider environment. Additional core systems include Citrix, VMware, McAfee EPO, Solidcore, PKI, Symantec Altiris, and more. This role is also responsible for level 4 support.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a challenging environment. Additional requirements include:
• Windows Active Directory and group policy management
• Ensure architectures, tools and technologies support client security requirements and internal policies
• Develop and implement server-hardening and management system architectures
• Work closely with network, storage and security teams on various initiatives
• Application packaging and deployment automation with Altiris
• Provide solution architectures and validation of configurations
• Complement other engineers skillsets and provide input
• Recommend new enterprise platforms and tools to meet business requirements
• Provide Level 4 technical support for escalated issues
• Participate in system architecture and technical requirements meetings
• Develop and maintain system documentation
||Strong Knowledge of the Following Technologies:
• BS/BA in computer science or information systems
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an enterprise class Windows environment
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux scripting languages
• Demonstrated understanding of core systems technologies including name resolution, PKI, hardening , and n-tier architectures
• Ability to work across teams to achieve desired results on common projects
• Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
• Demonstrated understanding of business requirements/drivers and ability to integrate into engineering initiatives and projects
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience coordinating initiative efforts across geographically dispersed offices and project teams
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently and as a team player
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to produce clean, concise diagrams and documentation
||Strong Knowledge of the Following Technologies:
• MCSE/MCITP 2003/2008, Linux, VM Ware, Citrix or other IT certifications
• Familiarity with security standards and frameworks including PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA/ARRA, and NIST.
• Experience with Hadoop and other big data platforms
• Experience working in client-centric service provider environment
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding and multi-tasking environment
• Knowledge of applicable data retention practices
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Basic understanding of project management principles
• Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight’s offices foster teamwork as well as self motivation.
Eligibility & Location
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Systems Engineer role will be based out of Mattersight’s Edina, MN location, candidates should anticipate minimal travel, less than 5% of the time.
Mattersight is prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.
||Mattersight is a leader in enterprise analytics focused on customer and employee interactions and behaviors. Mattersight's Behavioral Analytics service captures and analyzes customer and employee interactions, employee desktop data, and other contextual information to improve operational performance and predict future customer and employee outcomes. Mattersight’s analytics are based on millions of proprietary algorithms and the application of unique behavioral models. The company's SaaS+ delivery model combines analytics in the cloud with deep customer partnerships to drive significant business value. Mattersight's applications are used by leading companies in Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications, Cable, Utilities and Government. See What Matters™ by visiting www.Mattersight.com.
Any questions regarding the position should be communicated to Patrick Stearns, Recruiting Manager, email@example.com
For more information about Mattersight, visit www.Mattersight.com. Mattersight is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in all employment matters: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, national origin, disability or medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on account of membership or affiliation with anyone in any of the foregoing categories, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Although particular legal provisions may differ in various locations in which we do business, our principles are the same worldwide.