Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Vision is to be the Best Homebuilding Brand in North America
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall negotiation of prices and delivery of products/services in a timely, cost effective manner in conformance with company policies, procedures and budgets. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Control, develop and produce approved budgets and proformas with input from appropriate internal departments.
- Negotiate and solicit the best price/value combination from suppliers and trade contractors; analyze cost comparisons and differences in products and services on long term/short term contract agreements, while ensuring the correct amount of product or service is received at the appropriate time.
- Participate in review, development and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services. Conduct analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof.
- Study existing or new design drawings and keep abreast of changes impacting supply of materials in order to reassess budgets and amend forecasts.
- Develop and qualify new subcontractors/suppliers while maintaining and monitoring existing ones.
- Act as liaison between subcontractors, construction, marketing, sales, customer service and land departments. Address and resolve issues involving trades and/or builders, as needed.
- Continually search for new products, materials and processes that will better suit our customers.
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes.
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members in order to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract.
- Product Development Lead coordinating with corporate architecture and the Division.
- Oversee Design Center and Design Consultants.
- Lead for National Contracts/Specifications/ and Vendors for the US Group.
- Model Home decorating liaison with Corporate Marketing/Local Designers/Construction Team.
- Oversee and manage Purchasing Department and Design Center.
- Performs other duties as requested, in support of the overall operation of the Division.
||Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education and minimum 5 years suitable work experience in the construction field.
- Several years progressive experience in the residential construction industry, estimating and purchasing.
- Knowledge of Build Pro preferred
- Knowledge of Fast preferred
Skills and Attributes
- Professional experience dealing ethically with people/situations/issues and ability to demonstrate what processes are applied in decision-making which reflect professionalism and integrity.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of house building and construction material purchasing.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze, look for trends and superior estimating skills.
- Prior experience in preparing and analyzing budgets.
- § Experience in computerized environment for production planning, ordering, analysis etc.
- Superior computer skills in MS Office – in particular Excel.
- Experience with FAST (Constellation Home Builder) and Build-Pro/Supply-Pro (Hyphen Solutions) knowledge an asset.
- Extremely well-organized, flexible, ability to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Understanding of the Florida Building Code, National Electrical Code, OSHA Guildlines, and other applicable building codes and practices.
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts