Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Vision is to be the Best Homebuilding Brand in North America
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Controller is responsible for all financial and management control systems in the Division and provides timely and accurate analysis and information to ensure that Management Team operates within budget. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Objectives and Accountabilities:
- Leads and directs the day to day accounting activities including reconciliations, general ledger, accounts payable, deposits, payroll, bank reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, etc.
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly and annual end close process, financial statement preparation, financial reporting design and production, variance analysis
- Develops and maintains accounting policies, processes, internal controls, and managing daily workflow to ensure 100% compliance
- Alerts the VP Finance of any irregularities, lack of compliance, or any actual or potential problems associated with financial operations, audits, budgets or other financial matters
- Partners with the VP Finance to develop and enhance financial reporting that transforms data into actionable information, creates value, and meets the needs of the business
- Directs and develops staff, and coordinate workflow to maximize efficiency and optimize resource utilization consistent with the Company’s core values
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing variances and trends
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; provides information to external advisers
- Precise, detail oriented work performance
- Implements new controls and procedures as needed
- Perform external audits: act as liaison between the Accounting Department and the External Audit Team; ensure reconciliations; lead schedules; and make certain that account analysis is available as promised
- Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other statutory requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance/Accounting.
- CPA Required
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast- paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be detailed and thorough in execution of work.
- Flexible and creative problem solver.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Regular