Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||VP Corporate Finance & U.S. Controller
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the VP Finance is responsible for all financial and management control systems in the U.S. and provides timely and accurate analysis and information to ensure that Management Teams operate within budget. Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the U.S. Operations Accounting function in support of overall company strategies and objectives, as established by the U.S. and Corporate Executive Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide U.S. President with continuous advice about impact of business decisions on financial metrics
- Analyze budgets and “Up to the Minute Forecasts” for all Division entities (including Land Development, Building and G&A Expenses) providing professional and timely management report on variances, trends, and control standards and practices
- Provides leadership and support to the Divisional Controllers (5 divisions) and their teams in completing reporting correctly on a timely basis
- Acts as internal consultant to various departments for projects needing financial/accounting expertise or delegates such responsibility to direct reports.
- Accountable for the overall accounting function in the U.S. including reporting, internal controls and policy implementation
- Consistently challenge status quo methodologies and work practices to improve the service level of the department. Ensure any change initiatives are undertaken with the knowledge and concurrence of Corporate Finance
- Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of a thorough system of internal controls to effectively safeguard the company’s assets
- Provide second level review and analysis of Proformas prepared by Land or Housing for viability, accuracy and sensitivity
- Accountable for ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting is timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP, including assistance with queries from Corporate and dealing efficiently with audit requests
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of cash flow requirements for the U.S. operations including oversight of the consolidated accounts Payable department
- Accountable for effective management of the Finance and Accounting Department including: selection and development of employees; determining compensation of departmental staff within established guidelines; conducting employee performance reviews; departmental budget administration; adherence to health & safety policy/procedures
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years increasingly more responsible positions in Finance/Accounting function with minimum 3 years at the senior or Controller level leading the function
- University Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of directly related post-secondary education and work experience
- Attainment of professional accounting designation (CPA)
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Excellent communication, leadership, people management and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Must be detailed and thorough in execution of work
- Flexible and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Available for evening and weekend work and travel as required
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Join our team at Mattamy Homes and enjoy our committed, customer focused, and supportive environment
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Regular