Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Reporting directly to the Division President, the Division Controller is responsible for all financial and management control systems in the division including striving to achieve the Mission of “The Best Homeowner Experience, in all activities undertaken.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis and information to ensure that Management Team maximizes Return on Net Assets (RONA) and operates within budget.
- Lead, develop, manage and inspire the Accounting Team in achieving business objectives, meeting ‘Customer’ commitments.
- Provide Division President with continuous advice about impact of business decisions on financial metrics of Division.
- Working with senior management team, develop key performance metrics and reporting for the Division. Monthly prepare and present these reports and trends to Division President and management team.
- Manage the Accounting department staff which includes responsibility to plan department structure, hire, monitor and develop Accounting staff located in division office.
- Produce budgets and “Up to the Minute Forecasts” for all Division entities (including Land Development, Building and G&A Expenses) on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis as prescribed.
- Review and/or Development of systems, procedures and financial policies to identify potential improvements
- Maintain continuous communication with internal contacts, including Divisional Departmental leaders, Corporate Finance, HR and other Corporate Vice Presidents in the GTA.
- Establish solid professional relationships with external contacts such as Auditors, banks, government agencies, suppliers and homeowners as required.
- Monitor external environment to identify relevant trends in the industry.
- Analyze budgets and “Up to the Minute Forecasts” for all Division entities (including Land Development, Building and G&A Expenses) providing professional and timely management report on variances, trends, and control standards and practices.
- Provide second level review and analysis of Proformas prepared by Land or Housing for viability, accuracy and sensitivity.
- Consistently challenge status quo methodologies and work practices to improve the service level of the department. Ensure any change initiatives are undertaken with the knowledge and concurrence of Corporate Finance.
- Prepare, analyze and provide quarterly and monthly Division Consolidated Report on a timely basis (as prescribed by Corporate Office), including comparisons to (a) prior period results, and (b) budgets. Using this data to complete comprehensive and summarized variance reports for the Division President.
- Prepare, analyze, review and provide year-end working paper files for Division entities, ensuring reasonableness and accuracy of accounts, timeliness of information, accuracy of calculations and investigating accounts and issues, which appear out of norm. Ensuring GAAP guidelines are being followed and met.
- Provide weekly to the Corporate Office, cash flow updates on all land & building budgets using the most up to date information including a) land purchase projections and b) housing and land information including timing, closing schedule and sales forecasts.
- Prepare Division Management and Cost Reports as required by the Senior Division Team and Division President.
- Prepare and submit to Division President a monthly G&A Cost Report setting out variance from budget, with analysis and commentary on variances and trends.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Land Development, coordinate the production of a monthly L/C report containing Forecast and Actual results and an appropriate variance analysis and corrective actions.
- Provide monthly reports as required including an Aged Accounts Payable Report, Missed Discounts Report with explanations on both over 60 day and Missed Discount Items.
- Review all tasks performed by accounting and accounts payable personnel in order to identify any issues or inaccuracies and ensure timeliness in information ensuring corporate policy is administered and adhered to at all times. Ensure compliance with GAAP and Internal “Job Costing Dictionary” standards.
- Stay up to date and advanced ideas for new computerized ideas and processes and processing tools that may better service information gathering and processing.
- All other duties as assigned
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- University degree at the bachelor level or above in commerce or business administration with an emphasis on finance/accounting.
- Attainment of a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- 5-10 years of experience in management level position in Accounting, preferably in the homebuilding and land development areas of business.
- Computer literate – demonstrable competence in MS Office applications; ability to quickly learn and demonstrate functional competence with corporate financial accounting system and in-house or other working paper and reporting software.
Skills / Attributes
- Excellent analytical, administrative skills and organizational skills.
- Strong team building skills, with an emphasis on managing people in order to derive the best performance from each individual.
- Results oriented – organized individual capable of setting realistic and attainable deadlines.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent judgment and strategic thinking, including the ability to identify and analyze issues and opportunities.
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
Follow us on Social Media:
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Regular