Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience and adhering to generally accepted building practices, the Site Supervisor oversees the timely construction of each home from carpentry to warranty service request signoff. The Site Supervisor is responsible for producing zero defect homes through effective management of trades, inspectors, suppliers and staff. The Site Supervisor acts as the primary representative of the company on construction matters to homeowners and maintains an aesthetically appealing, safe worksite and professional and efficient work environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures complete adherence to Mattamy Construction Processes, in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- Accountable for managing the construction of assigned homes from carpentry to 30-day warranty service request signoff.
- Monitors all daily trade functions: timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work.
- Walks all homes on a daily basis to ensure imperfections are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and Homebuyers Options and Extras are complied with. Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and Mattamy Quality Standards and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Conducts a detailed frame check on each unit prior to drywall, in accordance with Mattamy Policy and Procedures, and follows up to ensure the timely completion of any items noted.
- Schedules and conducts homeowner frame walk.
- Responsible for supervising on-site construction staff, including the scheduling of subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers on the job.
- Resolves day-to-day problems on the job site, inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, and resolving construction problems.
- Approves subcontractor invoice for quality and quantity before issuing Completion Slip. Assists in ordering all materials required to construct houses.
- Continuously trains and mentors staff.
- Reinforces and educates the importance of schedule adherence (and assists where trade availability is causing difficulty), unwavering focus on Mattamy mission, and safety and quality standards.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with other staff (Site and Head Office) to ensure smooth production operation.
- Schedules and attends all necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required.
- Responsible for managing to the Production Schedule, and updating it no less than weekly. Adds comments regarding site changes and improvements as necessary, and communicates to Site Manager.
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws within positions scope of authority.
- Ensures homes are as clean and aesthetically appealing as possible while under construction.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Knowledge and Experience
- 2-4 years residential construction supervision experience in the new home industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Alberta Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other health and safety regulations.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work.
- Flexible, with the ability to work at locations across the division.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the tracking and control of costs and budgets.
- Must be detailed and thorough.
- Ability to train and mentor staff through advanced leadership skills with the ability to delegate as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results.
- Skilled in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers.
- Knowledge of MS Office software an asset.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular