Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Under the direction of the Contracts Manager, provides lumber quantity and cost estimating and purchasing services in adherence with generally accepted estimating principles and Mattamy standards. Also provides support to the Design Centre by carrying out pricing of pre-planned and custom changes, addressing day-to-day concerns of site and office staff related to items in the Design Centre, inputting model specific book codes in the REMS database and carrying out maintenance of the database as directed. This involves performing various independent tasks as well as assisting the Contracts Manager and working to provide The Best Homeowner Experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Prepares and performs lumber quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or tendering purposes.
- Assists during tendering process through responding to queries from trade partners; responsible for initial analysis of tender submissions and initiating contact with trade partners to ensure uniformity and accuracy of tenders.
- Updates standard unit pricing and maintains database.
- Assists Purchasing Manager in preparation of budgets and proformas.
- Progressively, from time to time, under the guidance of the Purchasing Manager, will negotiate Contracts with Trade Partners.
- Participate in site visits in order to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract.
- Participates in analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof.
- Address and resolve issues involving trades and/or builders, as needed.
- Prepare estimates and pricing and suggest alternatives for pricing of both pre-planned and custom changes and design and prepare design sketches of work.
- Maintain and update the database in REMS as required.
- Carry out craft assignment (subcontractor identification) for purchase orders for custom changes.
- Review and approve drawings prepared for the site related to custom changes.
- Resolve problems and concerns related to upgrades and options sold.
- Prepare and inspect spreadsheets for model specific upgrades and changes to the standard model.
- Performs other duties as requested, in support of the Contracts and Purchasing department
Education & Experience
- College Diploma in Estimating program or Architectural Technology and/or relevant related practical experience.
- Several years of progressive experience in the residential construction industry.
- Several years’ experience in lumber estimating.
- Fully conversant with the Ontario Building Code (Part 9).
Skills and Attributes
- Strong mathematical aptitude required.
- Strong analytical ability required to accurately compare and contrast trade price quotations.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel). Competent in AutoCAD.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and reports.
- Understanding of the processes of budgeting, tendering and construction.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
Follow us on Social Media:
||Full Time Regular