Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Architectural Coordinator assists in providing architectural services to the company while striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience. This involves performing various tasks and working with different areas of the business such as Marketing, Purchasing, Décor, and/or Construction. Also communicates with external parties such as Control Architect in order to obtain approvals for new designs. The position supports all areas of architectural services from producing construction documentation in accordance with statutes and by-laws to verifying the accuracy of working drawings for marketing brochures.
- Support in the achievement of departmental objectives by assisting departmental team members as directed by the Production Manager
- Coordinate, review and revise architectural drawings to ensure that all documentation complies with Mattamy’s strict standards and ABC
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and quarterly reports outlining the estimated cost to complete each project
- Coordinate and review construction documentation for building permit application and construction.
- Coordinate the revision process of working drawings, structural revisions, municipal review comments, subcontractor revisions and provide updated “Issued for Construction” drawings to Construction Department
- Coordinate exterior colour packages for the Mattamy communities through external architectural firm
- Verify that architectural working drawings correspond with marketing brochures, forward any discrepancies to the appropriate departments
- Participate in Value Engineering of new designs
- Prepare list of lot upgrades based on Mattamy Homes internal guidelines and external Architectural control guidelines and coordinate with architectural firm to ensure drawings are accurate and completed on time
- Coordination of working drawings for upgraded elevations and review of costs with Purchasing Manager
- Conduct site visits to correct or improve information shown on working drawings, review exterior colours, exterior details
- Prepare miscellaneous details & drawings for construction, internal staff and external consultants as required
- Manage electronic and hard copy storage of Architectural drawings, and construction documentation
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Architectural Technology Diploma from a Community College or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate either verbally, in writing, or visually through use of architectural drawings and “free hand” sketches
- Working knowledge and skills with drawing application programs in particular AutoCAD 2000 or higher
- Ability to apply standard construction techniques to CAD drawings
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook (PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Access would be an asset although not mandatory)
- Understanding and ability to apply Part 9 of the Alberta Building Code (Housing) would be an asset.
- 1-5 years construction or architectural experience required with residential construction preferred
- Detail-orientated with ability to check documents/drawings for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are made
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular