Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Assistant Site Supervisor
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Assistant Site Supervisor provides assistance to the Site Supervisor in overseeing timely construction of each home, within budget and to company quality standards. This entry-level building management position plays an important role in producing QA-ready homes by coordinating various complex aspects of the construction process, in an efficient, safe manner through effective assistant management of trades, suppliers and staff. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists Site Supervisor in managing construction of assigned homes from carpentry to warranty service request signoff. Assumes shared responsibility for each home meeting ALL standards, including QA ready.
- Walks all homes on a daily basis to ensure imperfections are noted and all Homebuyers options and extras are completed.
- Conducts detailed frame check on each unit prior to drywall, in accordance with Mattamy Policy and Procedures, and follows up to ensure timely completion of any items noted.
- Assists Site Supervisor in supervising on-site construction staff including subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers by inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, and resolving construction problems.
- Attends regular staff meetings, and may substitute for the Site Supervisor at such meetings. Comes prepared to discuss safety, quality, production timelines, costs and other issues as determined by the Site Manager.
- Assists the Site Supervisor in a number of responsibilities including, ordering materials, scheduling municipal inspections, enforcing lumber management program and managing the production schedule.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education/Community College in a related field (e.g. Construction Engineering Technology) or suitable combination of education and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in homebuilding industry in absence of post-secondary education.
Skills and Attributes
- Good technical understanding of homebuilding.
- Basic understanding of the Alberta Building Code and Health & Safety regulations.
- Ability and experience in recognizing and solving problems, taking initiative in seeking direction from direct supervisor when uncertain.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills and experience using basic tools such as to-do lists, day timer, log book, daily follow up etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, both oral and written.
- Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular