Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing the Best Homeowner Experience, the Marketing Handyman participates in the day-to-day duties of building, maintaining and repairing Sales Centre and Showhome facilities. Responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Repair and maintain Sales Centres and Showhomes to ensure good working order. Includes handling of deficiencies including such tasks as paint touch-ups, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Assists in new Sales Centre and Showhome construction.
- Assists Sales and Marketing staff with miscellaneous deficiency requests.
- Assists Sales and Marketing staff with community events with respect to construction requirements, parking, heating, signage or other items as necessary.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Secondary or post-secondary education with an emphasis on technical or skilled trade abilities.
- 2 years or more experience in a construction trade or handyman capacity.
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond positively and professionally to changing requests.
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- Resourcefulness in the ability to complete a task at hand.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!