Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Vision is to be the Best Homebuilding Brand in North America
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Oversees timely construction of foundations, with overall responsibility for accuracy and quality of construction in the foundation stage all in an effort to provide The Best Homeowner Experience. During construction process, responsible for grading and sodding and attending to various site components such as exterior drains and water services (including water boxes). Position manages activities of contractors, suppliers, inspectors and other participants in each home’s foundation, grading and sodding program and supervises the exterior labour force including maintaining an aesthetically appealing and safe worksite, including lots and roadways. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages construction of foundations, lot grading and sodding for assigned homes on a timely basis, in compliance with the Production Schedule, building codes, ANHWP standards, Design Centre changes and Mattamy standards.
- Attends regular staff meetings and is prepared to discuss safety, quality, production timelines, costs and other issues as determined by direct supervisor.
- Prepares and supervises Production Schedules for surveyor, excavation, footings, foundation walls and backfills with appropriate trades, inspectors and suppliers.
- Maintains awareness of special or extraordinary soil conditions, for example base conditions or substandard compressive strength of soil, on certain lots and takes appropriate action in the construction of the foundation. Liaises with Land Development Department on unforeseen soil conditions. Measures all claims for extra concrete with contractor prior to backfill.
- Reviews all lot specific / customer changes and implements relevant extras into foundations per company policy and procedures.
- Ensures protection of all catch basins, water boxes and valves, hydrants and utility vaults prior to excavation. Coordinates sewer and water excavation and backfill, and ensures proper demarcation of water boxes. Ensure frost protection is in place during winter months.
- Monitors quality of excavation, footings and foundation walls on regular basis and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates grading of lots with contractors, in accordance with approved grading plan including balance fills on lots (when possible) prior to framing, cutting of driveway, filling garages and rough grading for topsoil.
- Schedules and attends all inspections with municipal inspectors and soil engineers. Assists as appropriate during inspection and rectifies issues as required. Conducts final site inspections with appropriate agencies.
- Coordinates and supervises topsoil and sodding of project with special attention given to ensure that all water box valve stems are visible and fully operational once sod is laid.
- Responsible for year-round road cleaning and general lot and site cleanliness.
- Responsible to meet schedule for pouring of driveways.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education / college diploma in related field (e.g. Construction Management / Construction Engineering Technology) or suitable combination of education and relevant industry experience
- Several years homebuilding experiences, particularly grading
Skills and Attributes
- Must be skilled front line coordinator with excellent organizational skills, thorough scheduling knowledge and ability to streamline schedule issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intensely focused on delivering quality product – takes pride in his/her work
- Good knowledge and clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all foundations trades, staff responsibilities & scopes of work
- Extensive knowledge of Alberta Building Code and Health & Safety Regulations
- Well-developed ability to problem solve and resolve issues as they arise
- Self-starter who leads by example and readily assumes responsibility for results
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, varying priorities and ultimately meet deadlines
- People management skills including ability to train and mentor staff, delegate as required, complete performance reviews
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Skills in relationship building with established broad network of contacts including trade partners and suppliers
This role has many benefits including achievement opportunities, continuous learning, and competitive compensation. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- be part of a major organization which has a track record of success and whose "brand" in the market is outstanding.
- work in the beautiful community of Airdrie, Alberta.
- work with a close-knit team made up of enthusiastic, passionate, and friendly people seeking a challenge just like you!
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular