Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, provides analytical support to the Construction Cost Analyst Manager and administrative support to the Construction Managers and department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the analysis and communication of Estimated Cost of Completion (ECC) for division sites.
- Assisting in the proactive cost comparison and analysis as requested. Help identify cost-saving techniques, materials and procedures.
- 407 ETR reconciliation and analysis involving preparing spreadsheets, coding and cost calculating for Homebuilding.
- PHH reconciliation and in-depth analysis involving matching receipts, preparing spreadsheets, coding and cost calculating for Homebuilding.
- Preparing and reconciling Telus Mobility spreadsheets, based on monthly usage and site.
- Preparing month end journal entries (vehicle insurance, backhoe allocation, grading and sodding allocations etc.)
- Managing and coordinating all cell/mike phones and plans for Homebuilding with I.T. and Telus.
- Preparing, verifying and initialing MasterCards for all site management prior to giving to A/P for data entry.
- Creating simplified spreadsheets such as the new MasterCard spreadsheet and expense forms as necessary for site’s use.
- Preparing weekly Staffing report for both Construction and Warranty (includes EIF’s, transfers etc.) ensuring proper signatures are received, verifying information, and follow up as required.
- Maintaining EZ Labour and setting-up of cost centres.
- Preparing comparison analysis quarterly for Telus, PHH, MasterCard expenditures on spreadsheets based on previous years results.
- Provide administrative support to Construction Managers including printing and creating reports as required.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role is required.
- Experience in a related industry is considered an asset.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability required to investigate historical information and compare and contrast.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and reports.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to recognize and meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Ability to coordinate several simultaneous work tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and flexible work style.
- Self motivated with ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Good communication skills- both written and verbal.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Construction - Office
||Full Time Contract