Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Purchasing and Contracts Administrator
As a representative of the Mattamy Contracts department, the Purchasing Contracts Administrator provides administrative support and coordinates the documentation required to finalize agreements between the company and its subcontractors and suppliers. You will be responsible for sourcing significant amounts of information contained within subcontracts by researching a variety of materials and striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support and coordinating the documentation required to finalize agreement between the company and its subcontractors and suppliers.
- Sourcing significant amounts of information contained within subcontracts by researching a variety of materials.
- Entering subcontract pricing into REMS system, and resolving invoice problems.
- Creating and entering costs in architectural, feasibility and land value budgets within strict deadlines.
- Coordinating of tendering process including monitoring construction start dates, ordering and preparing architectural drawings for tender.
- Creating and maintaining summary reports of trades.
- Providing administrative support to the Contracts Managers and Department VP.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Administration or Purchasing or Computer Applications would be considered an asset.
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in an administrative role.
Skills and Attributes
- Advanced MS Office skills in Excel (particularly formulas & Macros), Word (i.e. mail merge) and Outlook, with above-average speed.
- Real Estate Management System (REMS) knowledge a definite asset.
- Strong data entry keyboarding skills.
- Strong research skills.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!