Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Corporate Controller plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Central Services Accounting function in support of overall company strategies and objectives, as established by the Executive Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting is timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP.
- Quarterly reporting includes review by auditors plus preparation of formal statements, notes and Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Responsible for the planning and completion of the year end formal financial statements and the related audits
- Provides leadership and support to the Divisional Controllers and their teams in completing reporting correctly on a timely basis.
- Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of a thorough system of internal controls to effectively safeguard the company’s assets.
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable department including being accountable for the cash flow impact.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of accurate and timely budgets and forecasts. Provide support to the Divisional Controllers toward achieving this objective
- Acts as internal consultant to various departments for projects needing financial/accounting expertise or delegates such responsibility to direct reports.
- Accountable for effective management of the Finance and Accounting Department including: selection and development of employees; determining compensation of departmental staff within established guidelines; conducting employee performance reviews; departmental budget administration; adherence to health & safety policy/procedures.
- Communicates business strategy and provides leadership to the team. Plans, organizes, and measures work performed within the department to professionally deliver the highest level of services in a cost effective manner.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of directly related post-secondary education and work experience
- Attainment of professional accounting designation (CA)
- Minimum 10 years increasingly more responsible positions in Finance/Accounting function with minimum 3 years at the senior or Controller level leading the function
- Previous management experience with demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent analytical, administrative skills and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing and mentoring people in order to derive the best performance from each individual
- Excellent judgment and strategic thinking, including the ability to identify and analyze issues and opportunities
- Results oriented – organized individual capable of setting realistic and attainable objectives
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Exceptional Communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates competence in MS Office applications; ability to quickly learn and demonstrate functional competence with corporate financial accounting system and in-house or other working paper and reporting software
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Regular