Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Land Development Manager
Manage Land projects from acquisition to final assumption with liaison between Sales, Marketing, Building/Architecture, Government Authorities, Consulting Team and Contractors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner while striving to achieve The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken.
- Coordinate with land company acquisition group to ensure a proper project transition
- Achieve timely planning approvals: Official Plan and Land Use/Zoning Amendments, Outline and Tentative Plans, Site Plans, Minor Variances, etc.
- Develop and analyze conceptual outline plans, coordinate with Sales & Marketing to produce market driven plan incorporating flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions
- Produce financial evaluations of all plan alternatives
- Initiate, manage and execute development planning approval schedule
- Continually maintain awareness of and challenge engineering and planning standards
- Coordinate tentative plan preparation
- Oversee and review engineering and landscape design to meet schedules and achieve the most timely/cost effective and customer friendly construction techniques & designs
- Review overall earthwork strategies to minimize costs and avoid import/export of material
- Pursue alternative design standards
- Process subdivision, utility, and pre-servicing agreements
- Clear outline plan conditions for registration of plans of subdivision
- Ensure all conditions of “permit service” are met to facilitate timely delivery to the building team
- Ensure Marketing, Construction and head office have all information required for scheduling, sales and construction
- Ensure timely and proper maintenance of sites throughout the development process
- Review and analyze tender documents prior to award and negotiate prices and terms of contract (in consultation with the Director of Engineering/Construction and the Vice President)
- Work with the Director to facilitate construction, engineering and landscaping services and attend weekly site visits and attendance at construction meetings
- Work with the acquisitions team to support investigation process, including reviewing reports, preparation of plans and budgets
- Produce financial reports for corporate review
Consultant/Team Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate consulting team to achieve all approvals
- Prepare tender documents and tender strategies
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Diploma or degree in either Engineering, Planning or related field
Experience / Skills
- Prior work experience in similar role specifically if involving project management, an asset
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent project management skills, including budgeting, scheduling and directing team’s work efforts
- Strong understanding of land development process and its related disciplines, such as planning and engineering
- Strong business acumen including experience in doing budgets, pro-formas and cash flows
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Experienced in reading various types of maps (topographical, etc.) and blueprints
- Detail orientated
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular