Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist (Entry-Level) acts as the point person for all computer related issues and requests, including support and technical assistance for internal and external users pertaining to desktop hardware and software, communications, connectivity, and training as established by departmental service standards. This role is responsible for the correct operation of all client computers, servers, networks, and telecommunication systems. The incumbent will be the administrator for building security, network security, and enterprise application security and will investigate, evaluate and recommend emerging hardware and software technology while striving to achieve the company Mission: The Best Homeowner Experience, in all activities undertaken.
We are seeking someone who is eager to gain experience in Information Technology with a strong customer service background. This position truly is the “face” of our Information Technology department, working with all levels of employees and management, and as such must have top notch service ability.
- Provide end user support and training for all corporate computer applications.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for computer hardware.
- Provide software assistance for authorized third-party desktop software.
- Administer user accounts including adds/changes/deletions.
- Program, test and install applications according to provided specifications.
- Secure and protect data according to established Disaster Planning procedures.
- Coordinate hardware maintenance and repair for computer peripherals.
- Coordinate the setup of remote site operations, engaging third party vendors as necessary.
- Ensure legal compliance and current revision levels for licensed applications.
- Develop procedures to ensure optimum utilization and performance of computer resources.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- College Diploma in Technology, Networking or Programming.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in desktop hardware and software support.
- Complete working knowledge of current Windows O/S & productivity software.
- Familiarity with: gateways, switches, routers, hubs, modems, nics, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SQL.
- Familiarity with mobile device platforms such as Blackberry, Apple, and Android.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to deal with internal customers in person, by email and on the phone.
- Excellent listening skills and patience.
- Strong verbal (especially telephone) and written communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to recognize and meet deadlines in fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both in a team environment, and independently.
- Ability to coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and flexible work style.
- Hard working and enthusiastic individual.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular