From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Vision is to be the Best Homebuilding Brand in North America
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Purchasing and Contracts Administrator
As a representative of the Mattamy Contracts department, the Purchasing and Contracts Administrator provides administrative support and coordinates the documentation required to finalize agreements between the company and its subcontractors and suppliers. You will be responsible for sourcing significant amounts of information contained within subcontracts by researching a variety of materials and striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support and coordinating the documentation required to finalize agreement between the company and its subcontractors and suppliers.
- Sourcing significant amounts of information contained within subcontracts by researching a variety of materials.
- Entering subcontract pricing into REMS system, and resolving invoice problems.
- Creating and entering costs in architectural, feasibility and land value budgets within strict deadlines.
- Coordinating of tendering process including monitoring construction start dates, ordering and preparing architectural drawings for tender.
- Creating and maintaining summary reports of trades.
- Providing administrative support to the Contracts Managers and Department VP.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Administration or Purchasing or Computer Applications would be considered an asset.
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in an administrative role.
Skills and Attributes
- Advanced MS Office skills in Excel (particularly formulas & Macros), Word (i.e. mail merge) and Outlook, with above-average speed. Real Estate Management System (REMS) knowledge a definite asset.
- Strong data entry keyboarding skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Aptitude towards math would be considered an asset.
- Exposure to or understanding of architectural drawings would be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in understanding/resolving problems.
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy in inputting and checking data.
- Strong work ethic with ability to be flexible, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Extremely well-organized with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Open minded and a forward thinker with a desire to learn and take on new opportunities
This role has many benefits including achievement opportunities, continuous learning, and competitive compensation. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- be part of a major organization which has a track record of success and whose "brand" in the market is outstanding.
- work in the beautiful community of Calgary, Alberta.
- work with a close-knit team made up of enthusiastic, passionate, and friendly people seeking a challenge just like you!