Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, provide the necessary legal/permits documentation to enable on-schedule construction. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, co-ordinate, and apply for Building Permits as per established Production Schedule to ensure timely issuance of permits meeting strict construction start deadlines.
- Attend and adapt to numerous and varying policies and procedures required by municipalities within the Division.
- Prepare and co-ordinate revision applications and drawings to reflect the numerous customer options and extras that are selected.
- Study and research Sales Control Sheets on a daily basis to compile necessary data to request sitings to meet application deadlines for each house sold.
- Co-ordinate the distribution of new product drawings, both incoming and outgoing, to ensure all required information for permit application is obtained and organized.
- Examine and approve all incoming requested sitings and forward to Engineer and Control Architect for final approval.
- Analyze and resolve unexpected “problems” which surface when siting the houses.
- Produce spreadsheets on a daily basis to reflect and update applications, permit issuance and lot specific information.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, and other legal regulations.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary education in related field.
- Working towards attainment of BCQ (Building Code Qualified) designation.
Skills and Attributes
- Understanding and ability to interpret information from architectural drawings.
- Thorough understanding of Alberta Building Code (Part 9) as it relates to housing.
- Required ability to understand and interpret the Zoning By-Laws for each of the varying municipalities.
- Comprehension of siting and grading plans along with specific and general zoning by-laws for various municipalities.
- Educated in programs relating to construction, planning, and zoning or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills essential.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!