Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Learning and Development Manager
Reporting to the Vice President, HR Operations and Organizational Development, the Learning and Development Manager will identify, develop, deliver and manage learning and development strategies and programs in support of the business strategy. The Manager is an expert in organizational learning and will play a key role in designing, implementing and maintaining HR programs such as Leadership and Employee Development, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Coaching and Mentoring, Onboarding and Orientation and Employee Engagement.
Key Objectives and Accountabilities
- In consultation with the business and the Human Resources team, build and execute strategies and programs to support organizational development by providing training and coaching to managers and employees. Areas of focus include Employee and Leadership Development, Performance Management and Succession Management.
- Provide end to end Learning and Development solutions including assessment, design, development, delivery and management of training programs.
- Support growing leaders and strengthen leadership capacity through career planning and building and delivering learning programs with supporting systems and tools.
- Champion Performance Management through the ongoing improvement of programs and tools as well as building manager skill and effectiveness.
- Develop and manage the Talent Review and Succession Management program at the corporate and divisional levels across North America.
- Support leadership teams in the areas of change management as well as team development and effectiveness.
- Determine and develop competency based, modularized training and development programs to support career development in key functional areas of the business.
- Develop reporting tools and techniques to capture and distribute meaningful data and metrics.
- Lead by example and act as a steward to promote and build the Mattamy culture.
- Build trust and credibility with all employee groups to create a safe, supportive and open environment.
- Participate as a member of the larger HR team in pursuing assigned accountabilities and team projects, always being mindful that corporate as well as client group goals, and the overall goals of the HR team must be met.
- Remain current in market trends and best practices to continue to keep Mattamy diligent in the best employee experience and initiate novel approaches where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- 7 to 10 years progressive experience in Organizational Learning, Training and Development and Talent Management.
- Experience in training needs assessment, program design, development and facilitation for employee and leadership programs. Related credentials required.
- Specialized experience in developing, consulting and managing Talent Reviews and Succession Management programs.
- Strong background in training and coaching managers in Performance Management and Employee Development.
- Experience in building competency models and linking them to related talent processes.
- Experience and ability to work effectively in consulting and presenting in diverse environments including corporate as well construction or production.
- Experience and ability to work in collaboration with HR business partner roles.
- Undergraduate degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, or related discipline.
- Specialized credentials in Adult Education, Training and Development, Coaching, and assessment tools.
- CHRP an asset.
Competencies/Skills and Attributes
- Ability to establish credibility and trust as well as build relationships with employees of all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, consulting and relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude, responsive, action and results oriented.
- Proven independent initiative.
- Skilled in Project Management with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strategic mindset with practical orientation.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient software skills including MS Office. .
- Ability to travel.
||Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning, innovative, and leading edge organization, recognized as a leader in the industry and whose “brand” in the market is outstanding.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular