Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Mattamy Development Corporation is responsible for the planning, engineering, and open space design and construction of fully integrated communities throughout the GTA, Ottawa, and Calgary. Our Department is made up of a young, vibrant, and dynamic team of approximately 40+ employees ranging from Project Managers to Construction Managers to Project Coordinators in addition to support staff who are well-versed in engineering, planning, finance, and construction.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Administrative Assistant will provide a high level of administrative support to the Senior Management team while working collaboratively with the rest of the Land Division. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching various specific topics and preparing related documents
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, and analysis such as maintaining project logs, budget entry and quarterly updates, lot report inputting and revisions
- Scheduling meetings, booking meeting rooms and making any arrangements for equipment or refreshments
- Acting as a liaison between the land department and other departments throughout the organization
- Undertaking other tasks on behalf of the management team such as expenses, travel arrangements, etc. and providing general administrative support to the department as needed
- Administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing, distributing documents, word processing, organizing binders, etc.
- Receiving general e-mails, replying with information and/or routing e-mails to appropriate employees
- Assisting with the coordination of both on site and off site special events or projects
- Other administrative duties include dealing with couriers, ordering supplies (i.e. business cards), copying invoices, general office tidiness, updating contacts and telephone directory
This is a 1 year Contract Position with the possibility of becoming permanent
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Successful completion of post secondary education
- At least 5 years of business experience working in administrative roles (site experience an asset)
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work well within a cohesive team environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and excellent ability to anticipate unscheduled events which might require modifying schedule
- Enthusiastic and friendly, with a demonstrated client-service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with good judgment in handling the large volume of requests
- Capacity to maintain an in-depth understanding of the priorities of the Senior Management team and their support, and bound by the requirement to keep strategic and private information confidential
- Independent and self directed with the capability to operate with minimal direct supervision
- Detail oriented with ability to check documents for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are made
- Poised and confident to attend Board Room meetings in order to provide support and keep minutes
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with proven capability to prepare attractive and effective PowerPoint presentations
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, with excellent telephone skills
- Passion for business and a willingness to learn the construction and land development industry
- Intuitive, with the ability to analyze and problem solve various issues of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Willing to work additional hours as required
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Contract